SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #21
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Ok. Received the i2se 5 days ago.

Unit has a charger problem right out of the box.

Cannot say I am a big fan of Segway support at the moment but they are sending a part to my local dealer for replacement. (Just guessing about the problem though)

It did come fully charged so I had time to ride it for a bit before Segway Tech Support said they would not warranty the batteries if I ran them down because THEY shipped a unit with a faulty charger.

The gears on my unit ,built in September 2016, sound like a diesel engine with about a million unmaintained miles on it. LOUD and Clunky, whine to wake the neighbors.

So far not impressed with my Made in USA $5k unit.
My 2 Chinese made units for less than half the price are much better quality.

Maybe Ninebot Ownership will be a good thing!

Last edited by P99Guy; 11-06-2016 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Last line deleted.
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #22
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Or just maybe Ninebot is the problem? Whole lot of problems for a new unit....Maybe dealer should of just replaced your SE?
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #23
Earmic
Earmic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

My SE is at the factory authorized dealer being fixed, I will keep all posted.
Earmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #24
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Actually from what I see on the forums, the SE series was value engineered at least 2 years prior to the Ninebot purchase.

It's not that it's broken right out of the box that bothers me so much it's that Segway Inc. could appear to care less.

My local dealer says it will be a week before he even gets the part that may possibly fix the unit.

That could be the Ninebot way. We will see.

It is truly my fault for not heeding the members warnings here that the SE units suck.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 AM   #25
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Guy View Post
Actually from what I see on the forums, the SE series was value engineered at least 2 years prior to the Ninebot purchase...

It is truly my fault for not heeding the members warnings here that the SE units suck.
Value engineered? That doesn't sound good. Fortunately, there are lots of i2s and x2s out there. Maybe the pre-SE units will, one day, be considered the "golden era." I'd better start collecting them before they become scarce!
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #26
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Ok part finally came in. Replaced today. Unit appears to be charging!

I can now actually use the $5k device I bought 2 weeks ago!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #27
Earmic

5 yr Member

So here's the latest: Received the Segway from the repair shop yesterday, put it all back together last night and it started up fine. I will check operation after work today and give one final post, hopefully. Here is other info: Cost of the isolation "kit" $45 had a diagnostic done $150 maybe this was to see if the problem actually was with the "gyro" assembly (there was a name for it BSA maybe? don't have the slip in front of me,) which it was. No other issues noted. Shop road tested 8 miles, all is good. Shipping costs: removed the wheels, lean steer, and batts but sent the fenders just in case. $75 to ship. $93 to return. Total was under $400.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:09 PM   #28
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Covered under the warranty I hope?

Initially, I really wanted an SE (buying some things new is actually cheaper in the long run than the initial savings you get by buying used) but since we were buying two and the cost of a good low mileage I2 was much less than half the price of a new SE, we bought a used pair of I2's for less than $4K. Both in near perfect condition and they haven't so much as hiccupped since we bought them. Now that the company has been sold again and the quality of the new models appears to be so suspect, I really doubt we'll ever give serious thought to 'upgrading' to SE's - What would we gain?

Good luck in your efforts to solve these problems - I hope the warranty is covering the cost of everything. It's a real shame you're having to go through issues like these with brand new machines

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #29
Earmic

5 yr Member

Tried the unit out today, and it ran perfectly, actually better than when I sent it away. Smoother operation. Very satisfied. With only a few days of riding left, I will soon put this to bed for the winter. Side note, the batts were full charged when I sent it away, and sat on the bench for the time away, when powered up, and after riding for some time, the level is still full.