SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #71
blownb310
blownb310 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks for the input!
blownb310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:47 AM   #72
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The off-topic posts about capitalism were moved to their own thread in General Discussion:

http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33939

Please keep to the OP's original topic when contributing to a thread, thank you!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:56 AM   #73
Violet
Violet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I was worried when I saw this thread, but that blog post made me feel a lot better that they won't ruin the Segway's quality. Not yet, anyway.

I liked this: "Immediate expansion of Segway’s commercial product offerings to a more balanced portfolio that also features consumer products at considerably lower price points".

I would love to get the next cheaper Segway if it's still good quality. It might be hard to spend significantly more for the new consumer Segway than the NineBot, but the quality would be worth it to most of us. IMO if we have used a Segway before, the difference would be big. The NineBot will be like the Kia. I wouldn't buy a Kia, I would spend more on a (used) Honda instead.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #74
energetic
energetic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

It looks like Ninebot range of products are the alternative products that Segway should had produce in the first place in order to make them more competitive and also more affordable to some people out there. However, redundancy would had to be sacrificed and this makes a big difference of how great Segway really is in the market at the moment. No sacrifice in quality.

Take for example the new gadget hovering out there lately, the HoverBoards etc alternatives catching out fire and giving you a real face plant. Those things are just... toys, but the sell crazy like peanuts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of
energetic is offline   Reply With Quote