SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
Gliding Steel
Gliding Steel is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Review on used wheel/tire From Segway of Anapolis

We all cruise eBay looking at Segway stuff sometimes. You know the used Segway wheel/tire for sell by the various dealers? I bought a set.
I called up Segway of Annapolis and they had two grades for sale. $40 and $50 per wheel. I went for the unblemished $50 wheels.

They shipped quickly by Fed Ex. The tires have a lot of wear left, my set both had around 70% left. The wheels are unblemished.

This is a great value if you are looking to replace your worn or flat Segway tires. Some dealers are asking $180 for a new wheel/tire. These used sets will function perfectly as a spare tire in case of flats. If you have not changed a tire on the Segway yet, it is way easy to do. Patching up the flat is another issue, try carrying it to a motorcycle shop if your dealer isn't into changing out puncture inner tubes.

Also, to help out Segway of Annapolis I ordered direct rather than via eBay. The office manager Michelle and owner Dick are real nice folks, helpful and generous with their time spent with a customer.
Gliding Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Cybercat
Cybercat is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliding Steel View Post
Also, to help out Segway of Annapolis I ordered direct rather than via eBay. The office manager Michelle and owner Dick are real nice folks, helpful and generous with their time spent with a customer.
I've done busines with Dick and his staff. Had my 1st-gen serviced there, and purchased my i2 from him. He and his staff are awesome. Dick even gave me a ride in his Chevy Volt - very cool!
Cybercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Yes, Dick and that dealership are top notch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#segway, #used wheel/tires