SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

The battery issue was discovered since day one which is about 8 years ago. Well what else can I say.
Also the infokey will still fall off at the same mounting location.
Kick stand will still break off without reason.
I hope this is not going to be the Sinking Edition.

I love Segway, had a 133 when it first released. And still in love with the new i2, however could the INC spend some time to read the post on this forum and listen to what users says and make a real SE.

Also an advance warning on some aftermarket energy package due to arrive very shortly which will eliminate all the problem we known of. It also offer 18 month warranty. Well, it is about time after 8 years.

sent from my iPhone Tapatalk APP
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #22
Amimoto

5 yr Member

BTW, I still love the beautiful sexy curves of the lean steer on the existing i2. It differs from the Chigways. Below link is a front view of the SE.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw5c0v56ef...egway%20SE.jpg

Last edited by Amimoto; 03-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Add a picture of SE
Old 03-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Am I the only one that realizes this is not a document leak about a new model, but about the FCC mechanism for the info key?

I read most of the data that was presented, and saw very little about the machine itself, but instead the letters and data was mostly about the programmable mechanism.

I did not read about the 'support equipment' in the documentation, but if this is an application or part of one to the FCC for the changes to, or possibly a new vendor to segway, for the radio equipment that supports the info key, then the radio and its FCC ratings may be the support equipment being discussed.

That would allow the SE to also be the 'second edition' with regard to the PT itself.

Also, while applying for approvals for various sub components for other products in the past that I have been aware of, when a new vendor or new sub assembly has its authorization or licensing, or patent work is being done, I have seen current products and documents (like the service manual) be updated for the purpose of supporting the licensing or permitting support.

It does not necessarily mean that what we are seeing here is anything ready for prime time, or near ready for release.

It may be a new model, or it may be a reworked older product being used as a tester for the new radio and info key vendor. IF it is the latter, it may or may not be whatever gets released later in this process.

Also, earlier in this thread there was the comment that there was a pre-release of the i2. I did not see that. I even made a joke that is still on You Tube, and has over 3Mil hits.

I am curious as to what was released before the i2 was introduced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #24
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Am I the only one that realizes this is not a document leak about a new model, but about the FCC mechanism for the info key?
I don't know if it's a leak or not, but there is at least one document that talks about the confidentiality of all the documents and pictures. I saw no date earlier than Oct. 2013. The Owners Manual draft previously linked to shows illustrations of the machine you've seen in the pictures in this thread and that document is also dated 2013.

Quote:
I read most of the data that was presented, and saw very little about the machine itself, but instead the letters and data was mostly about the programmable mechanism.

I did not read about the 'support equipment' in the documentation...
You read these documents? FCC Office of Engineering and Technology OET Exhibits List

Quote:
That would allow the SE to also be the 'second edition' with regard to the PT itself.
Maybe. None of us know for sure. I only reported what I read - "Support Equipment" and "patroller" - in one of the documents on that page.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #25
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:

Any change to the structure of the "machine" requires that the entire "machine" be evaluated. The lights, change in leansteer attachment, platform profile, etc, would cause that.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #26
Amimoto

5 yr Member

The photo of the SE is provided on my above post so is the draft User Manual.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #27
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I am not disagreeing with anyone here. We are all offering our best guess as to what this really means.

I was just saying that while this may be a glimpse at the new machine, it may merely be a view of the work in progress that includes a component that requires FCC approval.

I have seen and been involved in the creation of a "carrier" or mule (For other companies, surely not Segway) that was put together for the expressed position that a sub component required some sort of approvals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #28
Amimoto

5 yr Member

i2 x2 SE parts description https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9ieoujzxbwb6wd6/CueoC7OEyV

Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #29
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I am not disagreeing with anyone here. We are all offering our best guess as to what this really means.

I was just saying that while this may be a glimpse at the new machine, it may merely be a view of the work in progress that includes a component that requires FCC approval.

I have seen and been involved in the creation of a "carrier" or mule (For other companies, surely not Segway) that was put together for the expressed position that a sub component required some sort of approvals.
You are right, Karl. No one here knows for sure - and if they do, they are probably bound not to say anything. All will be revealed in time (or not) as per the wishes of Segway INC.

However, this is exactly the same way the i2 and x2 were "leaked". Segway had to run it by the FCC because of the radio element and I still have those leaked documents and photos. They preceded the official release of the i2/x2 a couple of months later.

So in my opinion (whatever that is worth), we are looking at some new models here. And they will be available in due course. At least this is what I hope.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #30
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Also, I think (from memory) the original FCC documents disappeared and the original leak thread was removed? Whether that will happen again now I don't know. Not sure if JohnG was still working at INC back then. And whether, if someone from INC asked for this thread to be removed, he would remove it...