SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #21
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Thanks for posting those to Facebook. Can someone please explain what part of the forum rules were broken by his posting these here?

Seems pretty weird to me.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #22
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Jason, it is so nice to have you as a resource! The P-133 batteries you rebuilt for me are working GREAT. Please keep up the great work!

I visited the Valence web site and found that they appear to sell two different cells. #18650 and #26650. I assume our Segway batteries have #26650s in them, can you confirm that for me. There is no reason I need to know this, just curious.

jeff
Thanks Jeff, they still use an 18650 cell in these batteries. Valence changed the 18650 cell design at least three times that I am aware of. Each change has seemingly decreased the reliability of the cells. Why....I don't know and will therefore refrain from comment. I can simply state that I receive more <2yr old batteries now than I ever did before.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #23
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I can see the photos posted to this thread just fine, so not sure what OP is talking about them being "moderated." They don't appear in any moderation queue I can see.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #24
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I can see the photos posted to this thread just fine, so not sure what OP is talking about them being "moderated." They don't appear in any moderation queue I can see.
Might be other administrator had removed the flag, Thank you.
I only notice the pictures was back to Moderated when another member PM me stating that he could not see the pictures I uploaded to forum's member's own album, and linked to my post above.
The pictures are showing now, thank you, however if my post is too sensitive, please PM me and I will act accordingly on the future post, as my understanding is the forum is not associated nor run by Segway HQ.

The timeline "<2yr old batteries" Jason mention above should be >1yr <2yr, as under one year old batteries should be replaced under warranty by INC.
That timeline matched the production of AH, at the same time the prints on the battery cells had been changes from Valence Saphion (Greenish blue) to Valence Proven (Yellowish Orange) please refer to picture below, FYI there are also 2 version of Valence Saphion (Greenish blue) the newer cells are lighter in colour.
please find stock chart and photo of the very first batch of AH, manufacturing date of Feb 18th 2012. FYI Valence derives over 60% of its sales from Segway.

Version AF and beofre: Valence Saphion

Version AH: Valence Proven TM

DOM Feb 18th 2012

Valence stock chart
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I can see them fine now as well, Thanks John

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #26
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
The pictures that were "moderated" were those in his album. He showed a screen shot of his own album, which only he could see, and several of the images had the word Moderated below them. This happens when members upload pics to their profile's album and before they have been approved by the administrator.

One of the unfortunate non-features of vBulletin forum software is it doesn't alert admins or mods that album pictures are waiting in the moderation queue. I have to remember to check my own user control panel on my flooring forum to see if there is anything waiting to be approved. Members don't usually know to notify the admin because they can see the pics and don't know no one else can until some problem like this one crops up.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #27
johnberry
johnberry

5 yr Member
Default Battery Re Build service for UK/European Gen 1 owners.

Hi There,

I can now offer a battery rebuild service for NiMH Segway batteries.
Cost, £450 for the 120 cells needed or £650 to rebuild your dead batteries. These later batteries are rated at 3300MAH so will give extended range over the originals.

John Berry.
E Mail; johnberry@albatross.co.uk.
johnberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #28
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
FYI Valence derives over 60% of its sales from Segway.
That is concerning on several levels. It's not healthy for them, for Segway, for us, nor for the battery market in general.

But it IS a good sign that they have released a new product, and that Segway has incorporated it, and they've emerged from bankruptcy under new ownership a few months ago.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I found this press release from a few years back:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...n#.UxaVLfmwLYg

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #29
Don Sparlin
Don Sparlin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I surmise that bar loss rate on common glides is an early indicator of loss of range. Also recharge time would be shortened. I weigh 240 and went up a hill on one day, slow but steady. The next day, after overnight charge, coming up the same hill it was slow, slower, no shake no beep, and the handle went "soft" and I was dumped before I could step off. Still indicating full battery. Any clues?
Don Sparlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #30
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sparlin View Post
I surmise that bar loss rate on common glides is an early indicator of loss of range. Also recharge time would be shortened. I weigh 240 and went up a hill on one day, slow but steady. The next day, after overnight charge, coming up the same hill it was slow, slower, no shake no beep, and the handle went "soft" and I was dumped before I could step off. Still indicating full battery. Any clues?
I don't think recharge rate would be shortened, and it would be hard to tell if it was. Charging lithium ion batteries is rather different than charging lead-acid batteries, and is software-controlled by the battery management system.

I suspect you're thinking the battery is being charged to a specific voltage, but that's not how it works. It's rather more complicated, starting with a constant-current phase. I'd say more, but the Segway charging system is somewhat older, so some of my general knowledge may not apply. Jason at MTOBATTERY will know the details, but I've never taken one apart.

The bottom line is, I don't think recharge time is going to be helpful in diagnosis.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote