SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Related Sites and Resources

Notices

Related Sites and Resources For fan created site announcements, questions, advice, promotions, contests, resources on the web, help building your site or blog, etc.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default iPhone app: PT Info

Hi Everyone,

I have made a iPhone app for the Segway community, it's for free, so please give it a try: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/pt-i...711455238?mt=8

FAQ:
-----

Q: Are their plans for an Android/Windows/BlackBerry version
A: Nope, this app was developed to learn new iOS development skills and for fun

Q: Can you make it in the language [your-prefered-language]?
A: If you provide the translations, I'm more than willing to do so

Q: It only works on iOS 7, my device or myself don't like iOS 7, help!
A: Sorry, I only have limited test devices and time, so no support for anything older than iOS 7

Q: I have a great idea for a new feature, how can I share this with you?
A: email it to me: florin()vanslingerland...eu (replace () with @ and ... with .)

Florin
Old 09-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Thank you, this is actually a really neat app. Florin didn't mention this, but it includes an error code lookup, a serial number "decoder" for learning about your Segway's manufacturing, and a dealer locator. I gave it five stars.

I am not affiliated in any way with Florin.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Hans Willems
Hans Willems is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
Thank you, this is actually a really neat app. Florin didn't mention this, but it includes an error code lookup, a serial number "decoder" for learning about your Segway's manufacturing, and a dealer locator. I gave it five stars.

I am not affiliated in any way with Florin.
This indeed is a very usefull app from Florin, and as I understood he made it because he had to practice developing skills, so Please Florin keep on practicing, I love to have another one!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Nice! Thank you.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

It costs nothing to become an Android developer, including the device emulator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
The only thing it costs is time and effort. Dollars are not the only things people have to pay with, but I understand your point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Well, it costs a little, $25 I think, to register to sell on Android's store.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Yes, Bob, that is true. If you want to sell on the Google Play store you have to register. But that isn't the only way to sell your product. You can get all the free tools to create your app and sell it yourself with Google seeing exactly 0% of your money. To create an iOS app, I believe you have to buy a dev license with Apple (minimum $99), and an Apple PC with a very recent OS (Mac Mini was ~$500 last I checked). The tools are "free" to everyone with an OSX license (not free). No single Android handset receives the fanfare of Apple's latest glass slab, but Android handsets represent over 80% of the market.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 06-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
jbrangan
jbrangan is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Florin,
Thank you for a great app.
When I enter the serial number for an HT, I see the date of manufacture, the place of manufacture, and a third piece of data.
What is the third (numerical) data element?
Thank you,
Jim
Old 06-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Hi Jim,

I'm glad that you like the app. The third number is the real serial number, the one that is incrementally increased by one with each segway that rolls of the production line.

Kind regards,

Florin

Florin