SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #11
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I just bought an Elite +.
The top speed for me has been 22 kmh before lean back.
I have only had it a few days so I have not been able to test range.

There is a firmware update available for it but I am afraid to upgrade as I don't know if it will limit speed to 20 kmh.

If any one else here has an Elite Plus please let me know as I have some questions for you.

I have a Mini-Pro also and l actually enjoy it more because of the no handle.
I have ordered the handless steering bar for it and will report back.
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #12
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ions82 View Post
Thank you for the insight. Hearing feedback from someone that isn't experienced with either machine is probably the most valuable (as you aren't really biased one way or the other from previous experiences.) I was in a Segway-vs-Ninebot situation myself. I bought a used i2 but was wondering if I should sell it and get a PTR. Thus far, I REALLY like the i2. I have ridden almost exclusively outdoors, so the solid feel of the i2 is definitely a benefit for me. Going forward, I plan to continue riding outdoors and on uneven terrain (sidewalks, bike paths, parking lots, etc...)

Also, my machine came with a SegSaddle installed. The adjustable handlebar height has been critical for finding the sweet spot between between seated and standing. Once I adjusted the handlebar height, the machine became even easier to use. I love it.

Once the Ninebot has been on the market for a little longer, I'm curious if we'll see all sorts of aftermarket parts popping up (as happened in the earlier years of the Segway.) The SegSaddle I've got is awesome, and I've yet to see anything comparable that works with the Ninebot.

If the i2 and PTR were closer in price, do you think buyers would still be torn between the two? As Reckless mentioned, lighter weight and $400 batteries are a huge selling point.

Just in case you were not familiar with this product, I thought I would toss it out for you... You indicated you love the SegSaddle, as do I. Since the SegSaddle is no longer manufactured, I am always on the look-out for a similar product should my SegSaddle need replacement. Segway of Fl. is affliiated with a company that makes a similar product called the "GlideSaddle." It's the closest seated option to a SegSaddle that I have found to date. Check them out.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #13
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Elite + firmware

Just wanted to let anyone with an Elite +know that the firmware upgrade did not reduce speed. Firmware is at 1.5.0 now.
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote