SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #171
johnnywheels
johnnywheels is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideGuy View Post
Here ya go…I dug 'em out and installed one for you…

When I used them, I just kept the key in the lock since you have to turn it all the way to the stop for it to come out, so turning it 1/2 - 3/4 keeps the case locked, yet the key won't fall out.

But…no doubt a quick release system. Turn the key to the unlock position, push the button and it pops right off. Align the two studs at the bottom and snap it onto the locking latch on the top and it is secured onto the frame/Segway.

Seems simple enough! Thanks for the share
johnnywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #172
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default The more I use them . . .

The more I use them, the quicker the release and re-attachment becomes. Perhaps the ones I purchased had never been taken on/off and became sticky and difficult or, perhaps, I was just incapable.

Either case, good info here. Thanks to all.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #173
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I had a pair of the Givi cases, and found they really restricted my movement and turning radius. With them on both sides they were confining to the point of claustrophobia, and IMO unsafe, because I couldn't make a quick maneuver at speed. The case also did wobble quite a bit, especially when loaded, even though the hardware was tight.

Operating from memory here, but I remember the manual saying that to release the case from the bracket, you were to open the case and press on the red piece that the red button would push on with the case closed. I wondered why they would have it adjusted so as to disable the button, and readjusted it so that the button would release the case as it was designed to do. (With the case locked, the button is disabled.) The first little bump I went over answered the question when the case released and bounced off into the street. (If the Seg had suspension like a motorcycle, that wouldn't happen.) I decided that the problems outweighed the extra cargo space.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #174
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
I had a pair of the Givi cases, and found they really restricted my movement and turning radius. With them on both sides they were confining to the point of claustrophobia, and IMO unsafe, because I couldn't make a quick maneuver at speed. The case also did wobble quite a bit, especially when loaded, even though the hardware was tight.

Operating from memory here, but I remember the manual saying that to release the case from the bracket, you were to open the case and press on the red piece that the red button would push on with the case closed. I wondered why they would have it adjusted so as to disable the button, and readjusted it so that the button would release the case as it was designed to do. (With the case locked, the button is disabled.) The first little bump I went over answered the question when the case released and bounced off into the street. (If the Seg had suspension like a motorcycle, that wouldn't happen.) I decided that the problems outweighed the extra cargo space.
My buttons have not been disabled...and while I had the cases installed, they never fell off.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #175
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Never say never. Knock on wood. Your mileage may vary. Etc. Just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideGuy View Post
My buttons have not been disabled...and while I had the cases installed, they never fell off.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #176
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
Never say never. Knock on wood. Your mileage may vary. Etc. Just sayin'...
Never say never...except when speaking in past tense.

Fact:
They never fell off.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #177
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
For me, each Glide provides a new experience that continues to provide enjoyment and a new awareness of my surroundings. It also makes even more happy that I decided to become a Segway owner.

The number 1 enjoyment I get as a Glider is the freedom to meander and enjoy the environment around me. When I drive or ride a bike, I don't get to experience the environment around me, I'm just traveling through it. While a walking excursion allows one to experience the immediate environment, it also limits how far and how much you can experience.

Even in my everyday commuter Glides over the exact same path, I have a higher awarness of what is around me, the sounds, the smells, the sights as I need to be much more aware of what is happening around me as Gliding can be dangerous.

Just the other day as I came around a corner in the path there was a Red Tailed Hawk munching on its prey. The size of the bird was surprising and I spent a few moments watching a scene in nature from only a few yards away. Something I would never see while driving as the horns blowing from behind me suggest that I stop lingering and move on.

What are your favorite Segway things. . . .?
for me it is finally getting out of a push only wheelchair-depending on others and others with no patience to let me look as long as i want
my seg haas saved my life i can now get to places to eat
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #178
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default I know your joy

Yours is the same as mine. My seglegs make me fly!!
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #179
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
One of my favorite Segway things.

Getting ready to commute and I hit the infokey button to start Trigger up. Nothing happens. I hit the button again. Nothing happens. I get my extra infokey and hit the start-up button but, again, nothing happens. I change infokey batteries and try again, but no luck. I get the battery meter and check both CR 2430's, but they're good. I re-install them in each infokey, hit the start button and nothing happens. Maybe I didn't install them right. I reverse them, re-install them, hook up the charging cable and try to start Trigger, unplug Trigger and try it all over again. All to no avail, Trigger won't turn on. Not even any Red Lights, just no response at all.

Thoughts of $800, dare I say $1,600 dance in my head. Then . . .
remembering a thread I read on Segway Chat I get out my hex wrench and undue each screw and move front battery to back and back battery to front, all the while the thought of no gliding today is ruining my day, not to mention the $1,600 bill at the end of that black rainbow.

I've finished the transfer and pray . . ., then I hit the infokey button and much to my delight the whirrr of the motors abound.

I get the backpack on, give a sigh of relief and off I go. Defintely, one of my favorite Segway things, not having to replace the Li-Ions. All was not lost and the Li-Ions live to roll a few more miles.
whirr of the motors? what really does the start-up sound?like on my X2?
Old 03-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #180
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
whirr of the motors? what really does the start-up sound?like on my X2?
it couldnt be the motors whirring or it would be moving