SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
Don Sparlin
Don Sparlin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New golf xt owner

I now own a 2009 golf XT. Great on smooth ground, dangerous on my rough lawn. I have 3-4 in depressions. Going slowly one wheel gets stuck, then the Seg spins around and down I go. Not good at 77 years.

Today, fully charged, I went down a residential street, had a nice glide on the nature trail, and started back up the hill. Going about 4 mph when sudden sag, the handle went "soft" , started rolling down the hill, stepped off and down I went again. Not so fun on the asphalt! Luckily I can get up using the golf bracket.

The battery indicator showed full charge, new battery in the control button.

I weigh 240. Any suggestions, other than selling it?

Don Sparlin
Don Sparlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

What tire pressure are you running?
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sparlin View Post
I now own a 2009 golf XT. Great on smooth ground, dangerous on my rough lawn. I have 3-4 in depressions. Going slowly one wheel gets stuck, then the Seg spins around and down I go. Not good at 77 years.

Today, fully charged, I went down a residential street, had a nice glide on the nature trail, and started back up the hill. Going about 4 mph when sudden sag, the handle went "soft" , started rolling down the hill, stepped off and down I went again. Not so fun on the asphalt! Luckily I can get up using the golf bracket.

The battery indicator showed full charge, new battery in the control button.

I weigh 240. Any suggestions, other than selling it?

Don Sparlin
My first suggestion is that you find someone that has used a segway before to do a drive test on your segway. None of the conditions you describe should make a Segway misbehave.

Lilly is as close to you as any other member. Perhaps the two of you could meet in the middle and you can ride hers and she could ride yours. She is probably the best Segway rider in your area.

The best place to practice is on a smooth surface. Try a soccer field where there are few bumps.

Good luck

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Don, PM me....
Lily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote