SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
jimmiem
jimmiem is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default I'm new here with my first Segway!

Been lurking for a month, at least. I've wanted a Segway since they were introduced to the world. Back in August I won a tidy sum on a slot jackpot in Atlantic City, and if you can't buy yourself a Segway after a slot payoff then when can you? Somewhere toward the end of September I started checking out prices online and once I established a baseline enough to recognize a deal, I picked an X2 I found on Craigslist for $3450. On my birthday I made the 4+ hour drive (each way) with my wife to pick it up and I've been sporting the "Segway Smile" ever since.

I gotta say, this site doesn't seem to active but I've found the archives to be a hugely helpful resource. I managed to figure out everything there is to know about replacing the wheels and tires and I purchased a couple 23-7-10 ATV tires and 10" rims that worked out beautifully. I'm not a car guy, so it was no small feat for me to be able to grasp bolt spacing and wheel offset to the point where I managed to order everything online and had it arrive and fit correctly the first time. I can definitely attribute that to SegwayChat.

Anytime I get a new toy I tend to read everything I can about it, so I've been lurking literally daily since I bought it. I'm glad the registration has finally been fixed so I could join in the conversation!
jimmiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Welcome to SegwayChat! And congratulations on getting an X2!

The "aliveness" of this place depends upon ALL of its members' ongoing contributions. So jump in and communicate!

We'd love to hear about your gliding experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
JM Wilber
JM Wilber is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiem View Post
Been lurking for a month, at least. I've wanted a Segway since they were introduced to the world. Back in August I won a tidy sum on a slot jackpot in Atlantic City, and if you can't buy yourself a Segway after a slot payoff then when can you? Somewhere toward the end of September I started checking out prices online and once I established a baseline enough to recognize a deal, I picked an X2 I found on Craigslist for $3450. On my birthday I made the 4+ hour drive (each way) with my wife to pick it up and I've been sporting the "Segway Smile" ever since.

I gotta say, this site doesn't seem to active but I've found the archives to be a hugely helpful resource. I managed to figure out everything there is to know about replacing the wheels and tires and I purchased a couple 23-7-10 ATV tires and 10" rims that worked out beautifully. I'm not a car guy, so it was no small feat for me to be able to grasp bolt spacing and wheel offset to the point where I managed to order everything online and had it arrive and fit correctly the first time. I can definitely attribute that to SegwayChat.

Anytime I get a new toy I tend to read everything I can about it, so I've been lurking literally daily since I bought it. I'm glad the registration has finally been fixed so I could join in the conversation!
23-7-10 ATV tires and 10" rims what was this off of?
JM Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Wilber View Post
23-7-10 ATV tires and 10" rims what was this off of?
as far as Ive read there are a few manufactures that sell this ATV tire 2 inches taller and 1/4 less width than stock....

I would love to find a tire that tall(23") and an inch less in width....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
as far as Ive read there are a few manufactures that sell this ATV tire 2 inches taller and 1/4 less width than stock....

I would love to find a tire that tall(23") and an inch less in width....
See this thread:

http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=15256

Particularly posts 213 +. With these tires I had to use the turf spacers for fender clearance.

Last edited by PeteInLongBeach; 04-21-2014 at 01:46 PM..
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
See this thread:

http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=15256

Particularly posts 213 +. With these tires I had to use the turf spacers for fender clearance.
good thread... outdated and confusing for those with disability's...

A simple guide could help many...
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
good thread... outdated and confusing for those with disability's...

A simple guide could help many...
I was reponding to the question about 23" tires. Information about my 23" tires can be found starting on post 213 (and later) in the link I posted.

http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthr...=15256&page=22
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote