SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
jrwilcox
jrwilcox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Kansas City Area

Does any one know of any active Segway groups in the Kansas City Area. I have just moved to Kansas City and need things to do on my Segway.

Jim

"I'd much rather be happy than right any day."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwilcox View Post
Does any one know of any active Segway groups in the Kansas City Area. I have just moved to Kansas City and need things to do on my Segway.

Jim
I live near Springfield, so am not that familiar with the KC area activities. If you want to visit the Branson area farther south, there is a rental track and Dogwood Canyon with Segway tours. I'm the only person I know of in this part of the state who actively uses one....

Just a word of warning... The Missouri Department of Conservation does not allow Segs on their properties. If you are disabled, you will be required to get a permit to use it beyond parking lots, restrooms and facilities such as a Nature Center. This permit is good for only one year and you must get a separate permit for every single site you want to use. I believe their policy is totally ADA illegal, based on control not actual safety issues. My complaints have made some difference, but have not yet resolved the issue.

I also believe that your closest dealer is now in either Minneapolis or Branson although it has been a bit since I checked on this.

Welcome to Missouri!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.