SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Infokey dock adaptors

I've seen a lot of tour operations and almost as many different ways of managing infokeys. I use what Segway calls the "Dovetail Adaptor":

I probably have 30 copies of the other (lanyard and blank) adaptors because I don't use them. It occurs to me that another tour operator may have a similar stockpile of the one that I need and might want to sell them or swap them for the ones that I have?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who doesn't want to pay $21.95 for the one little piece of plastic that they want out of the docking kit! (Yes, I'm an SEC but my direct price isn't much better.)

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
Victoria mike
Victoria mike is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Best InfoKey Protector EVER

Hi,

We know exactly what you are talking about. I wish we could help you out, but we generally use all our "dovetail adapters".

However, we would love to introduce a better alternative. A InfoKey Protector where the InfoKey itself is seated in a very stylish, solid protector. We will be carrying this product soon. I have a tour company as well and we are often finding the InfoKey "flying off the handle", quite literally! This is the best way to protect your expensive InfoKey that we have ever come across. No need for replacing worn docks or the rubber (drop) protectors ever again.

If you are interested in more information please contact me. (I am going to attempt to attach a picture)

Victoria Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InfoKey-Protector.jpg (44.5 KB, 37 views)
Victoria mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #3
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I don't want to pay $21.95 for a little piece of plastic so I don't think that I want to pay $99.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Victoria mike
Victoria mike is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I know how you feel but when you look at replacing the dock because the plastic wares and you buy a info key protector ( thin rubber ) for the info key, you are half way there in the price of a GREAT info key protector.
I know how you feel but when you have one and can physically see that your key is a thousand times more secure.

Oh and you don't need that piece of plastic for the new info key dock.

Victoria mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Guess I'm cheap. My info keys stay in the handlebar bag in the mesh pocket. No protector or base needed. But that's just me!
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

My pocket is free, leave the info key in the pocket and remove the leansteer holder once for all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
My pocket is free, leave the info key in the pocket and remove the leansteer holder once for all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I have used many variations over the years. I have used the segway dock on the lean steer, I have used a wrist strap, and I have used the segway dock with the wrist strap around the lean steer.

But most often now, I just use my pocket as well.

As I have changed my options and choices, I applaud the new available dock as offered on this thread as well. Each of us make our own choices as to what makes us feel a bit more comfortable.

So, I am happy it is available, regardless if I buy one or not. If enough people buy and like it, this will be a successful business en-devour for the distributor. I wish him luck and success.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I have used many variations over the years. I have used the segway dock on the lean steer, I have used a wrist strap, and I have used the segway dock with the wrist strap around the lean steer.

But most often now, I just use my pocket as well.

As I have changed my options and choices, I applaud the new available dock as offered on this thread as well. Each of us make our own choices as to what makes us feel a bit more comfortable.

So, I am happy it is available, regardless if I buy one or not. If enough people buy and like it, this will be a successful business en-devour for the distributor. I wish him luck and success.
I carry it on a lanyard cord around my neck when I'm out with it and hang it on my lean steer when I turn the machine off to recharge. Serves double purpose...doesn't get separated from me when I'm out , and I know where it is when I take it off.

I also get asked about my unusual jewelry which gives me another opportunity to talk about it. Yesterday I got to explain ADA disability issues to a couple hospital aides whose job was pushing me in a wheel chair from one machine to another. Such indignity for a Segway user!

Oh, just to finish the story...I was warned not to walk back out to my car until I had been given permission. I walked!
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote