SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Hey I already have Apple logo stickers on my i2's wheels!
Can anyone say fanboy?
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Steven Jobs' hiring of Sculley was the biggest business mistake he ever made. That's why he came back to the company. So if you're using that as some sort of example, it's one of what Jobs' will never do again...

Apple has no interest in Segway, trust me on this.

John
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

No, no, you took that wrong(ly). My emphasis wasn't on Scully but on the likelihood that Jobs' recruitment emphasis was on changing the world. Yeah, he picked the wrong guy, but Scully shared in the blame for his failure.

My point is, especially since Jobs' return to Apple, that the company HAS been all about changing the world, and the effects which it is creating seem to be ramping up.

So, I say again, I think it's possible that Apple buys Segway, if mainly for the technology. Hey, what if it's an Apple version of Honda's Asimo robot, but scaled back a bit to run on wheels, either two, four, or six?

How about let's think up a cool iName for the PT!!!

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628

Last edited by SegwayDan; 07-04-2008 at 10:54 PM..
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Yeah, I'm a fanbouy! I'm Mac and I'm proud, suckah!

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
Old 07-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #15
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
Can anyone say fanboy?
-segsurfer

Nora and I always point and give each other high-fives when we see cars on the road with Apple Stickers in their windows (more common than ya think!)

-Sal
Old 07-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Talking Just Kidding , just kidding

OH great, now I'll never be able to get a computer with a decent parking stand!

Just Kidding, don't flame me PLZ
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #17
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

I'll personally be sad to see Doug leave Segway, but it sounds like a pretty awesome opportunity for him. I routinely use both Apple and Segway in the same sentence as creators of great products--and he truly is moving from one great company to another which is great for the resume.

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #18
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

Making expensive computers, cell phones and music players isn't exactly "world changing" (Jobs is a great marketer, no doubt about it).

Apple is a great company and I'm certain Doug will fit right in there.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

That's it, John, uphold the party line like a good citizen. But we don't all toe it, you see. And there is another world beyond the fabled "normal" which you people have been "marketing."

No, these "expensive toys" may not address directly the grievous ills of society. Despite growing numbers, Segway and even Apple customers are still a pitiful drop of water into the vast desert. All it takes to convert that desert into productive land IS "water", if only field by field. The minerals and matrix are all there.

But they do rather demonstrate that we don't have to swallow every bitter pill (the Microsoft hegemony, petroleum/auto industry hegemony) prescribed for us. "The rest of us" still are a formidable number outside the legions of obedient drones who've been duped into "accepting reality."

Apple's growing factual statistics more and more refute the chronic pounding it's gotten over the decades since its inception. The FACT of over 200 brick and mortar stores cannot be ascribed merely to Steve Jobs' charismatic charm. It's a major capital investment the statistically-proven benefit of which no board of directors can deny. The iTunes store is another statistically-proven (over 3 BILLION songs sold) major benefit, not only to the bottom line, but to the perceived value of the Brand. And, no John, that's not a delusion. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrohol View Post
Making expensive computers, cell phones and music players isn't exactly "world changing" (Jobs is a great marketer, no doubt about it).

Apple is a great company and I'm certain Doug will fit right in there.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628

Last edited by SegwayDan; 07-05-2008 at 10:10 AM..
Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Yeah, I'm a fanbouy! I'm Mac and I'm proud, suckah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Nora and I always point and give each other high-fives when we see cars on the road with Apple Stickers in their windows (more common than ya think!)

-Sal
Dell XPS m1710 I have to say, Field joining apple motivates me to get a mac, but I dislike Steve Jobs, I think he's too cocky...I want a new computer, not a new lifestyle. I would get a macbook pro as a separate computer...autocad doesn't run well on macs
-segsurfer

segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote