SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #11
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Cricket???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Oh - that football! The kind without David Beckham, a spherical ball and meat and potato pies. I better leave now...
Gareth... I'm a NY Jets fan, so football hasn't really been on my radar for a while now! LOL (for Gareth's knowledge, the NY Jet's are an Americal football team who is, ahem... not very good)

So we can talk about cricket! Visiting India earlier in the year really brought back my love for the game.

-Sal
Old 02-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Ah cricket! The great universal. We love a game of cricket over here, it's just that we're not as good as we used to be and so don't talk about it too much. As soon as we win something though, there will be no stopping us!

I never understood "American Football" - the rules that is. I struggle with Rugby, to be honest, but I'd love to see a game of "Football", and baseball. Heck, I might as well watch some basketball too!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #13
Eric Payne

Quote:
Ah cricket! The great universal...
I've been afraid of cricket ever since that movie about the wooden guy with the growing nose. Now I just stomp 'em.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
...We love a game of cricket over here...
Any event in which you have a tea break in the middle is NOT a game. Oh, and when it takes three days, it is usually a war.

Cricket. Sheesh

Steven

(After almost 20 years out here even I have started to understand it).
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I have never been to a cricket match...

Does a good play elicit a great deal of people rubbing their legs together? Or do they just cheer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #16
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
I've been afraid of cricket ever since that movie about the wooden guy with the growing nose. Now I just stomp 'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I have never been to a cricket match...

Does a good play elicit a great deal of people rubbing their legs together? Or do they just cheer?
I don't know what is in the air over there but you guys have me busting a gut I'm laughing so much.

Eric you started it off and Karl followed with strongly.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
Zorba9
Zorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Blimey mates! He hit another googly!!

KOG
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba9 View Post
Blimey mates! He hit another googly!!

KOG
Is that a search engine for a Bosey?

Crikey!
Thats a Sticky wicket!

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #19
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Default Esoteric to say the least.

My Dad played cricket in India on a competitive / college level, and I have to say that the test matches (matches which go on for days) are a wonder to behold.

Besides, lest anyone think it's easy to protect the wickets from a googly or one of Murali's Doosras or even Shane Warne's famous legbreaks... it's as tough as it is artistic.

Though my Aunt will tell you that it has changed from the old days of Sobers and Gavaskar. She's a nut for cricket...

Of all places, there's a cricket club (hopefully I'll be joining this summer) here in Indianapolis!!!

-Sal
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Think..

Segway cricket

Think of the names;

the wobbly googly's
the rolling Chinamen
the gliding wickets
The Bosey Boys

THINK of the possibilities!
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote