SegwayChat
Home . Photos . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Wodin
Junior Member
Wodin is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 16
Default

I dropped the hammer at Best Buy yesterday, and picked up a black MP. They priced matched with Amazon, so I got $205 off the $799 they had listed. The sales guy was amazed at the difference. They still had one left on the shelf, but I don't know if they had any in the back.

I think I'll call him Stewball, so far I have a couple of miles on him with the knee pads. I can't seem to find where the app lets me increase the speed limit, so I'm still at 10 km/hr speed limit. Since I've already had my first fall and my first road rash, I think 10 km/hr will do just fine for now.

Didn't have a roundtuit to install the handle bar and kickstand yet, I wanted to het a feel for him with the knee pads in order to better judge if I like the knee pads or handle bars better, and my how much.
Wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #12
japaneezy
Junior Member
japaneezy is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 49
5 yr Member
Default

Once you complete the training and do the first couple km, the speed limit unlocks. 10mph is the max period.
japaneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #13
Wodin
Junior Member
Wodin is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japaneezy View Post
Once you complete the training and do the first couple km, the speed limit unlocks. 10mph is the max period.
Thanks, It seems to have done that. I was approaching the limiter at a bit under 10 MPH yesterday.
Wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #14
CROSSBOLT
Junior Member
CROSSBOLT is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hillville, TN, USA
Posts: 34
Default

We just got our first mini-pro for wife! Saw a guy at the Huntsville Ham Convention (AL) on one and it just made sense. My wife is increasingly mobility challenged so I got her one for early b'day. She is happy like clam! Rode it around the house last night and she adapted pretty quickly for an old person! Well, we have had two X-2's for over a year so the skillset is transferable. Looks like a very impressive machine even if it is made in China.

Karl
CROSSBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #15
airdale
Member
airdale is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 446
3 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
We just got our first mini-pro for wife! Saw a guy at the Huntsville Ham Convention (AL) on one and it just made sense. My wife is increasingly mobility challenged so I got her one for early b'day. She is happy like clam! Rode it around the house last night and she adapted pretty quickly for an old person! Well, we have had two X-2's for over a year so the skillset is transferable. Looks like a very impressive machine even if it is made in China.

Karl
Just a heads up....we are hearing there is no redundancy, so be careful!
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
CROSSBOLT
Junior Member
CROSSBOLT is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hillville, TN, USA
Posts: 34
Default

Yep, have seen some of the "feet, knees, forehead" posts! Like beginner skydivers!

Karl
CROSSBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #17
Wodin
Junior Member
Wodin is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 16
Default

I've had my MP, (named him Stewball) for a about a week now and have a few miles logged. I've only fallen off him twice so far. Both times I ran off the pavement and ole Stewball objected to having one foot on the concrete and one in the grass.

Stewball was a good horse,
And I wish he was mine.
But as he teaches me to glide,
He's got his own mind.
Wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #18
Pescador12
Member
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
I've had my MP, (named him Stewball) for a about a week now and have a few miles logged. I've only fallen off him twice so far. Both times I ran off the pavement and ole Stewball objected to having one foot on the concrete and one in the grass.

Stewball was a good horse,
And I wish he was mine.
But as he teaches me to glide,
He's got his own mind.
Did you fall down or step off? Hurt? The low speed limit of 10mph makes it seem hard to really hurt one's self. I have only had to step off at low speed when climbing over off road ruts but have not fell on my face.

I have had fit looking joggers catch me as I ride. I must ride very slow.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #19
Wodin
Junior Member
Wodin is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Did you fall down or step off? Hurt? The low speed limit of 10mph makes it seem hard to really hurt one's self. I have only had to step off at low speed when climbing over off road ruts but have not fell on my face.

I have had fit looking joggers catch me as I ride. I must ride very slow.
The first time I fell, which only resulted is minor road rash on my shoulder, the second time I was able to catch myself but it was a near thing.
Wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Copyright 2002-2017 SegwayChat.org.
All rights reserved. Not affiliated with Segway Inc.

FreshBlue vBulletin skin by
VayaDesign
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SegwayChat Archive