SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default He's not that old, but he knows his history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
In spite of your handle, Jim, I didn't think you were old enough to remember those commercials. Of course, I'm not either...
He saw it on one of those MTV or VH1 back in history videos! ;-)
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
bobh002
bobh002 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default pm

wwhopper and gvcooljr you have pm's
bobh002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #13
bobh002
bobh002 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default new I2

Got my 'new' I2 today,, ok it's used but was able to buy it locally. Put some mileage on it today and have been trying it only left handed and i'm glad i did before my surgery. Will take a bit getting used to it one handed but i'll be practicing everyday!! This thing is a blast!!
bobh002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:17 AM   #14
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobh002 View Post
I will be getting surgery on my arm and shoulder in 2 weeks and have not seen any discussion about using a Segway one handed. I will be without the use of my right arm for 12-16 weeks and would love to get a Segway to be able to get out of the house and glide around town on.
Is a right arm required?
i had a bad stroke and lost use of my left arm and legmy x2 is my exercise and rehab machineusing your injured arm may stretch and strengthen it the seg gave me back my core strength and now can stand alone no cane
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #15
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
i had a bad stroke and lost use of my left arm and legmy x2 is my exercise and rehab machineusing your injured arm may stretch and strengthen it the seg gave me back my core strength and now can stand alone no cane
what i tried to say is that one good arm hand should be fine i would recommend an x2 with leansteer one arm is all that i needed getting on and off isnt much of a problem if i lean in a good stable spot like a wall or polr i say x2 because it has the big knobby low pressure tires
better cushiony ridemight be easier on your surgery i also would suggest that you take a tour before surgery so you know = learn while ur good not after?
Old 05-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #16
Nano-Oil.com
Nano-Oil.com is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Got my 'new' I2 today,, ok it's used but was able to buy it locally. Put some mileage on it today and have been trying it only left handed and i'm glad i did before my surgery. Will take a bit getting used to it one handed but i'll be practicing everyday!! This thing is a blast!!
I have trained many people on any of my 6 Segways since 2004 ,
I even trained Buzz Aldrin whom I met during a scuba diving convention in Miami Beach Florida call DEMA ( Diving Equipment Manufacturers Association )
So credentials given, I found that any Segways non Lean and Steer are better suited to these activities including carrying loads,
I always offer a training to any Handicapped person that happen to cross my path within reason, so 1 legged , missing hand and or arm, etc
I even put some Parkinsons elder people on my HTs, that rigid T is precious,
Parkinson stop shaking the second they have a reference point of connection, it can be the little finger touching something rigid,
This being said, I love hot dogging any Segways on burms, LV desert etc,
and yes, I am ADA,
Nano-Oil.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #17
rotorblades

Quote:
I will be getting surgery on my arm and shoulder in 2 weeks and have not seen any discussion about using a Segway one handed. I will be without the use of my right arm for 12-16 weeks and would love to get a Segway to be able to get out of the house and glide around town on.
Is a right arm required?
no right arm needed on an x2 with the leansteer feature you might get a lesson in before your surgery so you dont traumatize your healing the big fat tires with the knobby tread i would highly recommend and learn to lean it to get on and offlow air pressure in the fatty tires is a lot smoother ride even going up and down curbs 4-5 psi is a soft ride easier on the stitches etc
Old 05-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #18
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
no right arm needed on an x2 with the leansteer feature you might get a lesson in before your surgery so you dont traumatize your healing the big fat tires with the knobby tread i would highly recommend and learn to lean it to get on and offlow air pressure in the fatty tires is a lot smoother ride even going up and down curbs 4-5 psi is a soft ride easier on the stitches etc
oops old post but still valid info
Old 02-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #19
Violet
Violet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathertime View Post
Our one armed store manager Michael uses the accessory bar (mounted straight up, without accessories) centrally mounted on the lean-steer to manuever with ease using only one hand. While it is just as easy to use either side of the lean-steer, this central handle (of sorts) makes for the perfect place to grab on, either on or off of the machine. We have also found it to be a great handle for a trainer to hold on to while a newbie mounts the machine. Try it, you'll like it!!!!! Mikey likes it!!!!!
Thanks for this good idea!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #20
CROSSBOLT
CROSSBOLT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Yeah! Give it to Mikey! He'll eat anything!

Karl
CROSSBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote