SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
Sudlow
Sudlow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Mini Pro

Just wondering if anyoone has first hand experience with handlbars for the Mini Pro? Most of what is out there seems tp be for the Mini. I bouught some bsrs on eBay and they are junk. No direction and screws that don't fit. I really need some handlebars as I have balance issues and need some help with stability.. Again, a link to some hadlebars that some here has inatalled would be really appreciated.
Sudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
xobotics
xobotics is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I've developed custom Segway platforms to help with MS, stroke, arthritis, and polio. People with balance or asymmetrical paralysis can find a fixed handlebar or leansteer Segway to be challenging on uneven terrain. Have you already test driven a full size gen 1 or gen 2 Segway with good results?
xobotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
Segway Corvallis
Segway Corvallis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Mini Pro with handlebar

The handlebar for the Mini Pro is great.
As a dealer I purchased the German & Korean models. Korean is by far the best option!
Mini Pro $755 + $25 Freight
Handlebar $220
You will have a great Segway product to ride.
Rick
Segway Of Corvallis Dealer 13 years
541-740-3021
rick@segwayofcorvallis.com
Let me know if I can help.
Segway Corvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #4
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

I recently added a MiniPro to my Seg stable. I love it. I had to make a handlebar system for it as limitations in my legs prevent me from using the knee-steer system. The handlebars are great, and I am now working to finish up a dynamic seat for it, as well.

One of my i2s came fitted with a SegSaddle, and it has proven to be an amazing mobility device. I am seeing If the MP will also be an effective tool for getting around. It's nowhere near as stable my i2, but the light weight, small size, and fantastic price make it very attractive. It's also silent and stealthy! I look forward to testing the seating system to see if it will be a viable option for those with limitations.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #5
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ions82 View Post
I recently added a MiniPro to my Seg stable. I love it. I had to make a handlebar system for it as limitations in my legs prevent me from using the knee-steer system. The handlebars are great, and I am now working to finish up a dynamic seat for it, as well.

One of my i2s came fitted with a SegSaddle, and it has proven to be an amazing mobility device. I am seeing If the MP will also be an effective tool for getting around. It's nowhere near as stable my i2, but the light weight, small size, and fantastic price make it very attractive. It's also silent and stealthy! I look forward to testing the seating system to see if it will be a viable option for those with limitations.

If you come yup with a seating option, please share. I also use a SegSaddle on my I2 and am always on the lookout for equally effective products. Thanks.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #6
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
If you come yup with a seating option, please share. I also use a SegSaddle on my I2 and am always on the lookout for equally effective products. Thanks.
The seat I've been working on is starting to come together. I still need to figure out a couple more design/function issues and do some testing. However, when I tried what I've got thus far, the MiniPro really seemed to work well from a seated position. I think it will definitely have potential as a sometimes-seated mobility device. I sure am glad I bought one. The small platform and rear-mounted steering make It difficult to design around, but it's not impossible! I posted a couple pics in the main discussion forum.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #7
Violet
Violet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ions82 View Post
I posted a couple pics in the main discussion forum.
I found the link. Posting here for others' convenience as it will get buried.

http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34801

I want a MiniPro seat so badly! (I don't own the MiniPro yet and don't have the ability to make one.)
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote