SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway on ferry to Angel Island (S.F., CA) as a mobility device

I am looking forward to my trip over to the island w/ my Seg as my mobility device. I called the park, which in turn led to a call to the ferry service, which led to an e-mail to the park requesting permission to transport and use the Seg as my mobility device, but, voila! I got my e-mail and I'm ready for my adventure!!

Hope to link to pics soon ;-)

For the abled, they have Seg rentals as a tourist diversion.
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

One of the members here takes his on the ferry every day. Best to bring some tie downs incase the seas are rough.

Have a GREAT!!! time

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Wonderful Day! Pics!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davis_...7644075368781/

The Tiburon Ferry was neat, and only took, like, 15 minutes to cross. Price was great (<$15, includes park entry fee). They did ask me to walk the Seg directly into the boat from the dock, but when coming back they saw how comfortable I was (and safe it was) and they said I could ride it on; I chose to walk it on. Surprised there is also a tram ride. The history of this place is amazing! Huell Howser 'CA Gold' video: http://blogs.chapman.edu/huell-howse...nias-gold-408/

It was a wonderful spring day, actually quite warm for the coast. I think it was the second nicest CA state park I've been to (sorry to the rest of CA, but Humboldt rules!). I recommend this trip to anyone able to enjoy it; I was tired by the end of the day. I WILL be back!! I want to go camping w/ my son next time (there would be billion dollar views of San Francisco skyline @ night (well, if it isn't fogged in)).
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #4
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Thank you for the pictures and story!

I live at the root of the Tiburon penninsula on the Corte Madera side, and commute past Angel Island 8x a week via the Larkspur ferry. I've only been on Angel Island once, pre-Segway. I've been meaning to get back ever since.

I had investigated the travel there and the use of the Segway as a mobility aid. But once I get there, I expect I'll probably park my i2 and rent an x2 and do the tour. I have 6000 miles on i2s and only about 6 feet on an x2, so the novelty alone would be worth it.

Of course, after the tour, I'd explore on my i2 if I have time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote