SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #21
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

First off, Lily is correct. She gets my vote for first lady of this forum.

Next, I really do think we can be polite, even when we disagree.

I know that some will groan when I say this, but sometime I try to be polite by making a joke about a topic where some might disagree.

Name calling is a problem. But so can titles be a problem. A fool or an idiot are names that cannot be justified on this forum, even if a person posts a foolish or idiotic posting. I have been guilty of posting such entries, and am neither.

But I am not aware of another name for a troll on the internet. If I were to go to a cycling website, and say that Mr. Schwinn said his new bike would sell a million, and he was foolish and wrong, or that anyone who pedals to work is an idiot because they could take a segway instead, I would be a troll. I could be polite, I could be funny, I could be anything at all, but I would still be a troll.

It is a title. It is a role that JohnM chooses to play.

Now, just because he is a troll does not mean we have to be mean to him, or call him names. We can still call him out, ask him to justify or prove his continuous anti segway postings, but that does not mean we should be or are being mean.

He knows enough about segways, and he knows this is a segway enthusiast site, so when he posts negative, it is for the expressed reasons of being a troll. He likes to rain on this particular parade.

And I will give credit where it is due. He is usually polite. He is mostly civil when he brings the rain, over and over. And furthermore, it was not a bad line, saying it was overdue for a goat/segway pairing. It was funny. If anyone other than such a celebrated troll said it, the direction of this thread would have been different.

So, I agree with Lily. Lets try to keep it polite. We can be nice and still tell JohnM that we disagree with him, or that we know why he is here.

And thank you JohnM for telling us that you are not going anywhere. It does nothing to diminish your title or value to the site. All it shows is that you like going to a site that is for enthusiasts of a product you enjoy making fun of, and trying to diminish. That is your choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #22
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #23
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
LOL. Love it! Best example of peace making I've seen in a long time!

And by the way I love goats. They just have more fun!

Last edited by Lily Kerns; 02-13-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Old 02-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #24
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Now, that's funny. Well done.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.