SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I did not mean to be in any way diminutive in my comments. I have a great deal of respect for Draft and Segs-4-Vets, and all that has been accomplished. The principals and others involved in both those endeavors have my unwavering admiration. I have posted such many times, and am proud to do it again...

I was more ranting at what I considered a legal maneuver by the Disney legal team, than how prepared I was guessing the other side is...

So, if anyone who read my words read them to say that I thought that Draft or Segs-4-Vets may not have their ducks in a row, and were well prepared for what ever they may deal with tomorrow or the next day, I am sorry for poorly stating my position. I do not feel that way at all...

I whole heartily and comfortably will take my cues from them, and am happy to help crew on any ship where they have the tiller.

Keep us posted on what we should do, and I for one, will do my best to help.
Karl,

I didn't take anything negative from your post. I know where your coming from.

I will keep all posted.

Be Big,
AMAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
IcanGlide
IcanGlide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Dem's Fighting Words.....

I'll keep checking in Tarkus, this whole thing is stupid. I just want access, they can keep their money and their "ESV" whatever in the heck that is.

Frank
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
cms1001
cms1001 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Cool Won't My Seg Seat Exempt Me

Won't my SegSeat make my device a seated "mobility device" & therefore excluded from this madness.
cms1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #14
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Nope!

The last time I went to Disenyland (November 2008) I was using my segseat when they told me that Segways are not allowed on Disney property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms1001 View Post
Won't my SegSeat make my device a seated "mobility device" & therefore excluded from this madness.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
The last time I went to Disenyland (November 2008) I was using my segseat when they told me that Segways are not allowed on Disney property.

I know that unfortunately it is a moot point, but I wonder what their reaction to an ibot would be... Roll in in 4 wheel mode (to the uninformed, looking like a wheel chair) and then once inside, go up to two wheels and stay that way...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms1001 View Post
As stated above, no. A Segway is a Segway with or without a seat. Using Disney's arguments it's not about the sitting, it's about the Segway itself.

More to come.

Br Big,
AMAC

Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #17
rook2218joe
rook2218joe is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Interesting

I live in Florida, AND I hope to attend the court session. It's about 120 miles from St. Pete to the courts Orlando address. (I think I remember Segway Dan mentioning that his wife used the Segway as a Mobile Assist Device...am I correct Dan?)

When I come to court will I be allowed to enter the courtroom on my Segway?I've got all of the Disabled plackards, etc., on "my glide". In addition, I'm sure that many disabled persons using Segways as mobility devices have been classified as fully disabled.

Final point...to which I can guess the answer...Where does INC., stand (or hide) on this issue?
rook2218joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
emrnyc
emrnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook2218joe View Post
I live in Florida, AND I hope to attend the court session. It's about 120 miles from St. Pete to the courts Orlando address. (I think I remember Segway Dan mentioning that his wife used the Segway as a Mobile Assist Device...am I correct Dan?)

When I come to court will I be allowed to enter the courtroom on my Segway?I've got all of the Disabled plackards, etc., on "my glide". In addition, I'm sure that many disabled persons using Segways as mobility devices have been classified as fully disabled.

Final point...to which I can guess the answer...Where does INC., stand (or hide) on this issue?
Good Luck ...... We'll be there in spirit....

Martin

NYC's Only Segway Trained Level 1 & Level 2 Service Tech

8 EMS - 37 PAPD - 23 NYPD - 343 FDNY
Never forget our Brother & Sister Heroes 9/11/01.
It was not how they died that made them heroes.....
It was how they lived!

Check out Emergency Medical Rescue of New York City's website
emrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #19
Tarkus

Default Infos Coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook2218joe View Post

I plan on gliding in. INC's position on this is of little consequence. They have a business to run and I hope they sell a ton of the things.

THERE WILL BE INFORMATION AT www.DRAFT.org IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS WITH FORMS TO FILE YOUR OBJECTIONS.

Remember, we are fighting class action status so any who use the Segway as a mobility aid must file their opposition. We at DRAFT will make that simple.

We may also have something to add a little humor to this.

I will return.

Be Big,
AMAC

Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
Tarkus

Exclamation Battle Cry

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. "
-Walt Disney

Be Big,
AMAC