SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 02-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
Bernie
Bernie is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello From Massachusetts

I hope I'm doing this right!

I'm Bernie and I recently purchased a used I2. I've glided around my town a couple of times but would really like to glide with others. Anyone in NE want to meet for a group glide this spring/summer? I also go the Philadelphia area a lot and could glide there as well. I see that the Concord New Hampshire Segway dealer (where I purchased new batteries last fall (OUCH)) is not listed on the Segway site any more. I think that was the last of the NE dealers.
Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hi and welcome.....

I never leave here, hope you find someone close to glide with...
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
I hope I'm doing this right!

I'm Bernie and I recently purchased a used I2. I've glided around my town a couple of times but would really like to glide with others. Anyone in NE want to meet for a group glide this spring/summer? I also go the Philadelphia area a lot and could glide there as well. I see that the Concord New Hampshire Segway dealer (where I purchased new batteries last fall (OUCH)) is not listed on the Segway site any more. I think that was the last of the NE dealers.
I used to be a great deal more active on segways than I am currently, but I am relatively local to you in Wilmington, MA.

Feel free to give me a PM or email when the weather gets better, and maybe we can arrange a glide. I have had a great many fun times in Boston and other places over the years...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
SegLegs
SegLegs has a spectacular aura aboutSegLegs has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default After 13 long years...

Hi Bernie,

This is MaryBeth Alosa from the dealership formerly known as Segway of Northern New England in Concord, NH. You are correct, we are no longer an authorized dealer. Apparently the current ownership in Bedford said that we just simply didn't buy enough units from them last year, so they told us buh bye.

The thing that gets under my skin is that we were the FIRST dealer Segway signed in 2003, we have seen that company and supported it for 13 turbulent years. I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl. I think we went through 5 or 6 ownership and management changes, and stuck with them, even in 2008 when everything tanked.

The worst part? They did it in an email. THIRTEEN YEARS and they sent an email. That's what you get for being loyal....NOTHING.

I don't know how the New England customers will be served but I wish them good luck.

My apologies, I'm just pissed at the way they went about this after all we have done for them.

End of rant...thanks for listening!
SegLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
Bernie
Bernie is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

HI MaryBeth,

Sorry I didn't meet you when I purchased my batteries. I have to say that Donal really helped me out. I took a risk buying a used Segway not knowing it's working condition. I was so relieved and amazed when Donal put new batteries on my unit and it ran flawlessly! I was so impressed, I hardly flinched purchasing the batteries, that is until later when riding back home. Thank you so much for testing out my Segway!

I'm so sorry about your dealer closure. It must feel terrible after all the effort and work for so many years. I hope, for the most part, it was a fun ride. I'm glad you are moving on and expanding your other endeavors. Thank you and good luck!

Bernie
Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I'm Late to this party, but MaryBeth is good people. Any organization that does not understand that has made a real mistake.

I don't care about any of the politics or other rules, but while Segway Inc. is a company, and should act like it, any of us that have any history here, know that if business decisions alone make a worthy company, then Segway itself would not exist.

There is far more to life than that. Many people like segways because of the technology, and because of great people like MaryBeth, and surely not because the Segway Inc corporation have made such great business decisions.

One of my favorite associations with my segway is all the great people I have met because I own one. MaryBeth fits right in on that list of people whom I glad I have had the opportunity to meet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
Drumonron
Drumonron is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello

Well hello all, just ordered a Ninebot/Segway/Minipro...waiting for it to come in from Amazon. I'm from MASS, USA and wanted to say hello.
Drumonron is offline   Reply With Quote