SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
kit.car
kit.car is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Joe In Sterling, VA

Hi Everybody,

I have purchased my first Segway at a government auction. It was owned by the City of Rockville Police dept. I believe it to be a i67 as the sticker containing the model and serial number have worn most of the way off. I have located the scribed serial number. It included a set of dead Lith batteries and a Blue Key. I am in the process of figuring out the best options for making a set of batteries. I assume it has the updated software for the lith batteries. But would prefer to make a set out of nimh batteries. I also reached out to a couple of members to get some keys made before I perused making my own.

Joe in Sterling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02505.jpg (69.0 KB, 17 views)
kit.car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.car View Post
Hi Everybody,

I have purchased my first Segway at a government auction. It was owned by the City of Rockville Police dept. I believe it to be a i67 as the sticker containing the model and serial number have worn most of the way off. I have located the scribed serial number. It included a set of dead Lith batteries and a Blue Key. I am in the process of figuring out the best options for making a set of batteries. I assume it has the updated software for the lith batteries. But would prefer to make a set out of nimh batteries. I also reached out to a couple of members to get some keys made before I perused making my own.

Joe in Sterling.
From the image, I would guess that the colors most look like an i-170, which was produced in 2004 and into 2005 perhaps. It may be a different one, if some of the parts are not the original color (as if repaired with a different component). The control shaft base and control shaft are the wrong color for an i-167, as well as the fenders. The wheels however could be from a 167 or 170. (Perhaps even with some additional stickers).

It has been a while, and I did not own a 170, so you got my best guess.

I agree, it can take NiMH regardless, and if upgraded, it can take the LiIons as well. NiMH can clearly be less expensive. And MTO can get you some rebuilt NiMH batteries that are much more powerful than originals, so much so that you may not even miss the LiIons.

Good luck, glide well, and keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
kit.car
kit.car is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

agreed, looks to be a 170. Thanks for the heads up.
kit.car is offline   Reply With Quote