SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #1
segfreund
segfreund is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New Infokey Protector

Dear Sirs,

we are a small SEGWAY leasing company based in Germany. We have worked for some time now on diversifying our services and have been busy inventing different, useful and novel devices for our own SEGWAYS.

Our latest invention is a simple piece called the “Infokey Protector”. You will find a detailed description attached (PDF-file “Protector”) for your information, including pictures.

Regarding this item we have a proposition to make to you: we’d like you to promote the sale and distribution of the “Protector” on our behalf in the United States, because this is rather complicated to organize from here. The selling price of the “Protector” is US $90,00 of which we’d let you keep US $ ? as a commission (all legality will be observed by proper contracts). We introduced the “Protector” successfully to the German market and are convinced business will thrive just as well in the USA.

Please take the time and trouble to read the attached info about the “Protector”, think about our offer and let us know if you’d be interested in prosperous business dealings with us.

With the best and friendliest regards from Germany,

Mr Mehmet Fidan
Managing Director Seg-Events

Email: info@seg-events.de
segfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
segfreund

5 yr Member
Default Pdf

„Infokey Protector“
Perfect protection for the infokey by our patented “Protector”!
How to use:
The original mounting of the infokey is simply replaced by the „Protector“ (the thread of the
standard mount on the handle bar is an exact fit for the “Protector”).
The infokey is placed squarely from above, the locking pin clicks into place and the key is being fixed
firmly inside the “Protector” (snap-in-function). Only by pressing the locking pin can the infokey be
taken out again, so it is being safely guarded even in case of external force. Despite the aluminum allround
cover all keys on the infokey are within easy reach and can be pressed without any difficulty;
the infokey does not have to be taken out of the mount.
The benefits:
- no loss of infokeys during tours
- no damage to the infokey in cases of damage
- no accidental losing like with the conventional mounting
- intuitive handling of the snap-in-function
- time saving because of the constant accessibility of all functions while the key is being fully
protected
- no more confusion with multiple keys (e.g. Segway-rentals, tour provider, etc.)
Material: aluminum, powder-coated
Colors: black, red, green
Scope of supply: Protector
Mounting: to existing drill-holes, no extra drilling necessary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protec.jpg (31.0 KB, 62 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Protector Data.pdf (50.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I like it's design, saves it from the very feared drop, which would normally break it.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I also like its design, but INC (which tends to charge a lot for parts or not make them available at all) has the original InfoKey Dock for $21, while this costs about $91 US. That's more than I can afford at the moment...
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I also like its design, but INC (which tends to charge a lot for parts or not make them available at all) has the original InfoKey Dock for $21, while this costs about $91 US. That's more than I can afford at the moment...
I like the product and wish them well. I too think it is pretty expensive, but most things Segway are expensive.

For myself, I don't usually use my key port anymore, but when I did or do, I keep my wrist strap on the infokey, so that it wraps around the top of the lean steer frame and gives an extra layer of protection over falling off.

The advertisement mentioned tour organizations, and I think that is a good sub market, as they would want to have the keys visible, and accessible, but also protected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
Wait for the chinese clone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Wait for the chinese clone!
Lol, yes, good idea, because supporting segfreund and his original design would be so last decade.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 AM   #8
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Make your own...

...for a mere USD$1,375.00

http://store.makerbot.com/replicator-mini

Lots of cool stuff to make for the Segway
http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=segway&sa=

Including an Infokey protector http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:231466
Old 09-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I would never recommend a Makerbot to anybody I cared about.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #10
segfreund

5 yr Member
Default new

we’d like you to promote the sale and distribution of the “Protector” on our behalf in the United States, because this is rather complicated to organize from here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (86.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1,1.jpg (66.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (56.8 KB, 19 views)

Tags
key protector, protector segway