SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 01-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
neolux
neolux is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default segway rearview mirror ? ... umbrella ?

Hi. I am a new member of segwaychat. Sorry, I do not have yet Segway. But I am a very experienced cyclist and ride well on the rollers. I'm interested in your opinion on two topics: 1. whether there is a need to use the rear view mirror while driving a Segway ? 2. whether there is a need to use an umbrella against the rain or sun protection? I'm asking because I've constructed a universal mirror bicycle and bicycle umbrella and I wonder about the use of both of these structures to the Segway. My experience in skating shows the need for using a rear-view mirror. Especially in terms of this situation, when you are going to turn left - than you are looking back to check the situation behind you. But then instinctively you turn left and inadvertently you go to the middle of the road. It can be very dangerous maneuver. Whether a similar effect occurs while riding a Segway?
And in terms of an umbrella; whether it is worthwhile to consider the appropriate structure for the Segway, or are already on sale such umbrellas? If someone wants to see my constructions - you can see them on YT; unique bike mirror, bike umbrella presentation. I cordially greet and wait for your suggestions. Karol Dobrzyński
neolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
Violet
Violet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

It depends... you would be in the street and not on a sidewalk? The Segway's turning radius would help to eliminate some of the problems.

The umbrella looks nice on a bike, especially how it folds down. It seems big for a Segway user.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I know of two ways to implement a rearview mirror on an i2. One is to use the accessory bar, which you can attach bike accessories to, and attach a bike mirror. The other is to get one of those mirrors that attaches to a helmet.

I would also say a helmet might be the best way to deal with rain. I would imagine it is possible to ride while holding an umbrella, but this sounds quite awkward and uncomfortable to me.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
segway mirror, segway safety