SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #11
DaiPlusPlus
DaiPlusPlus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noalox View Post
I actually agree with Tritium's first post - take it back asap. These are not your worries. Your Segway should not be giving that code when it's brand new. I own 14 segs and have NEVER had an E08E. The dealer can do all of these things they are telling you to do.

My 2 cents.
I'll agree it is unnerving. I'm going to now follow the advice of everyone who said to return it - I'll make arrangements to return it to Portland soon, hopefully by next weekend.
DaiPlusPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:27 AM   #12
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
I'll agree it is unnerving. I'm going to now follow the advice of everyone who said to return it - I'll make arrangements to return it to Portland soon, hopefully by next weekend.
Please make sure you take it for a good test ride when you get it back/get the replacement, before you leave the dealer.

I know how it is to have to take an item a long distance to return it/get it repaired.

Please keep us updated.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #13
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I'm sure you have thought of this but FedEx is about $90. Leaves tomorrow. ??
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post

Creaking usually means a bolt or two isn't tightened enough.
This is the dealers fault, I'd take it back ASAP.
No, it usually means the person is hearing the gear lash of the transmissions when the segway is making rapid forward-backward movements (as it does when moving very slowly.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #15
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

E08E is not a end user nor dealer repairable fault, it need to go back to the mothership, end user should send in for warranty repair.
Emergency shut down is never normal and one shouldn't push the boundary of emergency shut down, any fault happen when traveling at the speed of 12.5miles might cause serious injury to user.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #16
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

One thing that did strike me on my first reading of the posting is how the poster seemed to feel that the batteries had already been swapped front to back before he got them.

It is possible that the dealer just happened to put the front battery on the back, or it is possible that the dealer saw the issue, and swapped them as the factory says is the first step in the diagnosis. I do not know.

It is even possible that the dealer knew of a problem, was in the middle of diagnosing it, and the machine was not set aside but sold by mistake. I simply do not know.

What I do know, is that if I spent this kind of money for a new item, that clearly has a problem, I would have not hesitated to insist on a new one from the dealer. If I bought a new car, or even a used one, and had problems within the first few hours of using it, that goes back to where I got it. Simple as that.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #17
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
No, it usually means the person is hearing the gear lash of the transmissions when the segway is making rapid forward-backward movements (as it does when moving very slowly.)
Maybe sometimes, but never always.
Most times I hear creaking, it's simply just the fender loose.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
DaiPlusPlus
DaiPlusPlus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I've made a video describing the two sounds I'm currently getting: the whirring sound when the Segway is turned on (but not moving), and the creaking sound when moving slowly:

Any thoughts?
DaiPlusPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #19
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

to me it sounds just fine...your cameras microphone should of been at your feet we would here it better...

That all sounds fine, now that error code should be taken care of asap....If you haven't fallen yet...my I suggest don't have a reason like an error to fall at high speed...
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #20
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

The whirring sound is noise purposefully mixed into the motor signal (all sounds on your seg are generated by the motors) to mask high pitched noise.

Like said before, the clunking is gear lash.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i2se