SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Red face are the shiny or polished rims still available?

i bought a new x2 adventure in Feb 2012 it came with shiny or polished rims are they still available?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0031.jpg (98.9 KB, 54 views)
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
i bought a new x2 adventure in Feb 2012 it came with shiny or polished rims are they still available?
Was your Segway used? I thought the polished aluminum wheels were on the XT not the x2.

The wheel in your photo appear to be the new wheel available for the new x2-se. My understanding is that these new wheels no longer require the hub adapter that the x2 did.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

You might want to double check your Segvator setup...your wheels don't appear to be nested correctly.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
rotorblades

thanks- good eye.the spot i load isnt quite level and my accessory bar hits the inverter so my seg turns a little before i can shut it off.with my bag on it moves all over the place.the screw post seems to be welded on at a wrong angle too.they never seem to nest much better than that it does look perched wrong but is locked down with the hold down bars all the time pretty well.i just remembered this was the first time loading and i did adjust the lifting bars better, i just need new pictures-sorry
it is usually better than this pic shows,
it rides well and stays tight.

Last edited by rotorblades; 10-18-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

You should move your arms out a little, if yours is like mind there are little "nipples" you press down to release them so the arms can move left to right. With an X model the wheels are supposed to be on the side resting on the flaps not the bars themselves.

jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Segway Arms.jpg (66.3 KB, 64 views)

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I have a local place here that will plate metals with nickel, chrome, gold, or copper, I've been considering taking my black X2 wheels down there to get plated.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I have a local place here that will plate metals with nickel, chrome, gold, or copper, I've been considering taking my black X2 wheels down there to get plated.
if you start with something smooth/shiny it is less work/cost. usually starts with copper then nickel then chrome or gold
Old 10-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
You should move your arms out a little, if yours is like mind there are little "nipples" you press down to release them so the arms can move left to right. With an X model the wheels are supposed to be on the side resting on the flaps not the bars themselves.

jeff
Actually, I think he has them too far out. The bars are supposed to be between the pins (i.e., pins are NOT engaged in holes) for the X models (he has his all the way out). The tires are supposed to be on the flaps on the OUTSIDE of the square tubing, if I'm not mistaken (I'd have to switch one of my i2's over and mount up the Segvator to be sure, but that is what I recall from doing it in the past).

The Segway NEEDS to be nested correctly or it will eventually fall off in transit...
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #9
jgbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideGuy View Post
Actually, I think he has them too far out. The bars are supposed to be between the pins (i.e., pins are NOT engaged in holes) for the X models (he has his all the way out). The tires are supposed to be on the flaps on the OUTSIDE of the square tubing, if I'm not mistaken (I'd have to switch one of my i2's over and mount up the Segvator to be sure, but that is what I recall from doing it in the past).

The Segway NEEDS to be nested correctly or it will eventually fall off in transit...
I quoted from the manual, and photo is from the manual as well.

jeff