SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
rickb
rickb is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Segfree

I happened across the Segfree Wheelchair Segway, relatively new on the market. Thought it looked interesting.......particularly the kickstand.

rickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Here's another video:

http://youtu.be/dBxf-rA-sgk
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
Here's another video:

http://youtu.be/dBxf-rA-sgk
It is nice to get a good look....but I want to see how you get on and off...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
rickb

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
It is nice to get a good look....but I want to see how you get on and off...
Although I would like to get a good look at that too........with the steering column removed and the landing gear down......it should be like sitting in a regular chair. I have requested info. on USA availability which I will post on reply.

Estimated cost seems much more affordable than other options on the market:
Segfree i2 96,270 ZAR = $9,014

Last edited by rickb; 07-18-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
rickb

5 yr Member

The reply on cost of the Segfree is $3800.00 plus an $850.00 shipping quote from DHL for a grand total of $4650.00.

I will ask about available video of users mounting and/or dismounting the Segfree. Seems like a reasonable option compared to other products on the market. I will also try to contact a user to get a firsthand review of the product.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
stupe
stupe is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

You can follow the development of the Segfree on the Apparelyzed forum. The pricing you mentioned sounds about right for the kit.

http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/to...ch/?hl=segfree
stupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
rickb

5 yr Member

Thanks for that link.

I have been attempting to gather information to purchase the first USA shipped Segfree. Trying to get a copy of the Installation Guide and specs, at the request of my local Segway Dealer, so they can see what's entailed labor wise...........has been a slow process. If I don't get quick responses to questions regarding the purchase..........I really worry about followup questions regarding service and warranty issues.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
rickb

5 yr Member

FYI Segfree has just partnered with Living Spinal as their USA distributor. The email from Segfree mentioned a few Segfree units shipping to the USA in 4-6 weeks.

While e-chatting with Andrew at www.livingspinal.com it was mentioned that he intends to work with Segway Dealers interested in becoming Segfree Dealers allowing them to offer demo rides. Andrew is working with my local Segway Dealer to see if they are interested in becoming a dealer.........or at least be willing to install the Segfree unit if I purchase one directly from Living Spinal. I am finally very close to becoming a Segway owner, the first USA Segfree owner, and more importantly to having the freedom to glide. Andrew was very customer service oriented and excited about the Segfree as well.

Good news for me and others having balance issues preventing the use of the Segway for it's freedom of mobility.

Last edited by rickb; 08-04-2014 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post
FYI Segfree has just partnered with Living Spinal as their USA distributor. The email from Segfree mentioned a few Segfree units shipping to the USA in 4-6 weeks.

While e-chatting with Andrew at www.livingspinal.com it was mentioned that he intends to work with Segway Dealers interested in becoming Segfree Dealers allowing them to offer demo rides. Andrew is working with my local Segway Dealer to see if they are interested in becoming a dealer.........or at least be willing to install the Segfree unit if I purchase one directly from Living Spinal. I am finally very close to becoming a Segway owner, the first USA Segfree owner, and more importantly to having the freedom to glide. Andrew was very customer service oriented and excited about the Segfree as well.

Good news for me and others having balance issues preventing the use of the Segway for it's freedom of mobility.
I hope it fast tracks for you....Out here I lost my bus and loss all freedom...My Segway has really helped my outlook on things....
Im a TBI survivor and not allowed to drive.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #10
rickb

5 yr Member

airdale, thanks..............I hope it turns out to be as good as I think it looks. A new Segway dealer set up shop about a month ago within 15 miles from home.......the closest previous dealer was out 300+ miles. Convenient sales and service should make for a much easier process.

Sounds like the Segway is keeping you on the move. Sorry to here about your loss of bus service. Public transit seems to be somewhat of a priority in our small City.......for now.