SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:20 AM   #1
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Mark Forums Read error

There is a link in the navbar menu under Quick Links and another link at the bottom of the forum home page, just below the list of forums, that reads "Mark Forums Read." Clicking that link causes an error message:

A week or so ago I used the link to send an email to the administrator. I'm familiar with the software, so I know about the error and I know how the sendmessage feature works. I just wanted to be helpful. I don't know if my message was missed, forgotten or ignored. It's irritating to me, but I realize not everyone uses that feature of the site. I also know not everyone even knows about it. But I do know that those who do know, can't use it. I'm kinda surprised that no one else has mentioned it here in the feedback forum.

So, for the powers that be, here is my plea for help and this direct link on exactly how to fix it. I know it works because I had the same problem on all the forums I manage and the issue was solved with the instructions at the end of this link:

Invalid Security Token Error on Mark Forums Read for vBulletin 3.8.5

Don't be confused by the version number, admin. The problem surfaced with the upgrade to that version and continues all the way through the 3.8 series, which this forum is on. And it's not a problem with the forum script either because the script is designed not to mess with any of the templates that have been modified, like this forum's forumhome and navbar templates have been.

It's an easy fix, so I hope you will accommodate those of us who rely on this feature.

Thanks,

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I also sent a message a couple of weeks ago with no response.

As noted above, it is an easy fix. I had the same issue on my install of vBulletin. We moved on to 4.2 with no issues afterward. We have license for 5.x...but that was a mess in testing last year, so we just stuck with 4.x.

Also...your copyright date needs updating.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #3
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideGuy View Post
I also sent a message a couple of weeks ago with no response.

As noted above, it is an easy fix. I had the same issue on my install of vBulletin. We moved on to 4.2 with no issues afterward. We have license for 5.x...but that was a mess in testing last year, so we just stuck with 4.x.

Also...your copyright date needs updating.
What exactly is being claimed on the copyright? The coding of the site? The theme? The content?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
eJM
Account Suspended

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
What exactly is being claimed on the copyright? The coding of the site? The theme? The content?
As with nearly all websites, the copyright refers to the content. Complete information can be found in the Terms of Service, also linked below (although, unfortunately, it refers to segwaychat.com throughout). The theme is copyrighted by the theme designer and the code of the site is copyrighted by the forum software developer.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:16 AM   #5
eJM
Account Suspended

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Okayyy, I'm guessing either our "Über Administrator" doesn't know how to edit templates or doesn't care that this part is broken. He's been online several times since the issue was reported and this thread was started. No reply and still broken.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #6
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Looks like it has been fixed...thank you!
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote