SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default New Segway website (and soon...online store)

Segway just posted their new website, to coincide with the big Intel+Segway Robot announcement.

Here's a news article:
http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ts-2085458.htm

Here's the new website:
http://www.segway.com

So much new stuff to explore. Cool

Or as Ninebot put it... CES 2016, "The Return of the King". (See the image currently on the Ninebot homepage.)
http://www.ninebot.com/

From the press release...here is a quote from the new (Ninebot?) CEO of Segway:
"We value the massive fan base the Segway brand has amassed over 15 years. We're excited to deliver new products, new applications and a new website that offers viewers fresh content, enhanced imagery, video -- and that will offer e-commerce functionality in the very near future."
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

Parallax design in 2016? Everybody's already moving away from that, so I guess they're always going to be one step behind the curve...

It's interesting the CEO claims they value the "massive fan base." Haven't heard a peep from them about sharing anything with their biggest fans -- most of which gather here, the leading Segway community online.

Marketing glitz. No pricing on the website. Same old, same old in new clothes.

John
Old 01-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Parallax design in 2016? Everybody's already moving away from that, so I guess they're always going to be one step behind the curve...

It's interesting the CEO claims they value the "massive fan base." Haven't heard a peep from them about sharing anything with their biggest fans -- most of which gather here, the leading Segway community online.

Marketing glitz. No pricing on the website. Same old, same old in new clothes.

John
I actually think the new design is fresh. Not the best but an update was needed. You posted recently that they were still using your old templates. At least they're moving forward (no pun intended).

I'm not sure I can get behind this line though:

"Consumer & Lifestyle

In today’s world, lifestyle is everything. Our line of personal mobility products allows you to travel conveniently, quickly, greenly and most importantly – fashionably."

That's a bit of a change! And this photo looks too weird:

http://www.segway.com/media/1545/1_1...gory_eplus.jpg

Last edited by gbrandwood; 01-07-2016 at 04:16 PM..
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #4
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

That photo is "weird" because it's a horrible photoshop job. It's like they employed someone's kid to do the redesign...
Old 01-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #5
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default Parking Stand?

http://www.segway.com/media/1545/1_1...gory_eplus.jpg

Is that a parking stand i spy in the weird photo?
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder

It's far more likely to be a little piece of plastic or cardboard used to get the Segway to stand in that sort of position on its own. We used something similar back in the day when I worked there if we wanted it to stand on its own at an angle that was different than the kickstand's when taking photography.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
Is that a parking stand i spy in the weird photo?
That's Segway's Ninebot E+, not a Segway PT. The Ninebot E+ has a kickstand, weighs about half as much as an I2, and has half the range. I'm assuming it's basically Segway's entry-level transporter now, with the I2/X2 being the premium, extended range models.
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote