SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Do you still ride the trike? I ended up picking up a Greenspeed, so I'm happy!

BTW, I remember the time you almost got hit in the eye with the polo ball. Well, in the years since having played 100's of matches, I got hit square in the eye at 20 foot distance by a polo player who's arm has to be one of the strongest in the gliding community. If the ball had been anything other than foam, this story would have had an unpleasant ending.

ps - OPTA (Obligatory Polo Tangent Attempt), but these are now obsolete since all websites now have a polo forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hi Polo!

I loved my Segway and I was using it for daily commutes. A job change relegated my I2 to the garage so I sold it pending another work/life change.

Dwayne
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #22
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_pro View Post

BTW, I remember the time you almost got hit in the eye with the polo ball. Well, in the years since having played 100's of matches, I got hit square in the eye at 20 foot distance by a polo player who's arm has to be one of the strongest in the gliding community. If the ball had been anything other than foam, this story would have had an unpleasant ending.

ps - OPTA (Obligatory Polo Tangent Attempt), but these are now obsolete since all websites now have a polo forum!
Old habbits die hard eh?
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #23
Ground Loop
Ground Loop is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Getting old, like my batteries

Since I got my i167, I've had one sportscar, two kids, two cavities, three motorcycles, and six short-lived battery packs.

I'm tired of buying batteries; so the Segway sits in the garage, propping up towels. I've tried to sell it a few times, but it doesn't demo as well with shot batteries.

Mile-for-mile, trip for trip, the Segway was the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned or operated. It has completely cured me of e-vehicle fever, which is a good thing, with these fine Tesla Roadsters on the road.
Ground Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Loop View Post
Since I got my i167, I've had one sportscar, two kids, two cavities, three motorcycles, and six short-lived battery packs.

I'm tired of buying batteries; so the Segway sits in the garage, propping up towels. I've tried to sell it a few times, but it doesn't demo as well with shot batteries.

Mile-for-mile, trip for trip, the Segway was the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned or operated. It has completely cured me of e-vehicle fever, which is a good thing, with these fine Tesla Roadsters on the road.
Six short-lived battery packs . . . hmmm . . . must have been refurbs. This guy sounds like his screen name: there may have been a flow now and then, but not whole lot of difference of potential.

You only get out of anything what you put into it.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #25
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
I see lots of new faces on here - which is definitely a good thing. The community is richer because of its greater diversity.

But what becomes of the now silent posters?

I can think of a few missing names from my time on here: Brooster, pt, Pam, madsegs, Sal, Nora, Jared, to name only a few. I hope they are all still gliding and enjoying their glide. So much was learnt from these early pioneers and friendly posters. The archive and search function reveals literally thousands of their posts.

Anyone still in contact with these (and other) now infrequent posters? Care to share any Segway related updates?

I know we all move on from time-to-time, but in times of change, a little reflection may be in order from some of our founding members?
Gareth,

Yes it is a shame that many of the people you named no longer post here. I'm pleased to be able to contact them in other ways.

As of the last year or so I've only posted when I had to. It's been a long time since I "played in the sandbox" and I see whats happened. This has become the wild west of Internet forums as there seems to be little to no rules of behavior and the few rules they do have are not enforced.

Hope you're doing well,
AMAC

Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #26
Ground Loop
Ground Loop is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Six short-lived battery packs . . . hmmm . . . must have been refurbs. This guy sounds like his screen name: there may have been a flow now and then, but not whole lot of difference of potential.

You only get out of anything what you put into it.
Seriously?? Wow.

You step out for a few years, and nobody remembers you. /sigh/
Anyone hear from Neelix?

NiMH, not refurbs. Out of 60 cells, only one or two has to go bad to trash the whole pack.
Ground Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #27
Burke2
Burke2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Another old name surfaces!

Hi, Ground Loop! I certainly remember your screen name but don't remember if we ever actually met on one of those early glides. Sounds like you've had a busy decade! I'm sorry to hear your i167 is collecting dust and towels. I'm still riding mine after almost seven years, and I refuse to give it up for a new one even though i2's have lots of cool features.

You have a PM from me.

And yes, Neelix is still very much around; we saw him and his family at SegFest in Indianapolis in 2008.

Janice
Segway OC

Last edited by Burke2; 03-15-2010 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Forgot to answer question re Neelix
Burke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #28
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
This has become the wild west of Internet forums as there seems to be little to no rules of behavior and the few rules they do have are not enforced.
Alan, things have been a little heated of late but as usual these things are down to only one or two individuals. Things will pick up.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #29
Billy Kirkland
Billy Kirkland is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile We are still hear and still fight the battles

Sorry We have not posted for some time. Segway pulled our dealearship but we still rent and service all the people who come in the store. We still have our tours. If any one is in our area please stop by for a free tour.

Billy
Billy Kirkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #30
Jet
Jet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_pro View Post
Trikes, Tandems, and Bikes in the garage - I would not hesitate to purchase a Segway again if my job/lifestyle was different...

My latest Tandem is 2 x 150HP with 200 Mile Offshore range. No wheel wobble!

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
founding members