SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Where are they now?

I see lots of new faces on here - which is definitely a good thing. The community is richer because of its greater diversity.

But what becomes of the now silent posters?

I can think of a few missing names from my time on here: Brooster, pt, Pam, madsegs, Sal, Nora, Jared, to name only a few. I hope they are all still gliding and enjoying their glide. So much was learnt from these early pioneers and friendly posters. The archive and search function reveals literally thousands of their posts.

Anyone still in contact with these (and other) now infrequent posters? Care to share any Segway related updates?

I know we all move on from time-to-time, but in times of change, a little reflection may be in order from some of our founding members?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Many have moved on

Most all of them are over on facebook now.

We got a Christmas Card from Brooster and Lady Broo, they seem to be settled and happy in Connecticut. PT has been gone for a long time, probably one of the first to jump ship, Pam is busy, happy and healthy. Sal sold his machine and all his Segway stuff, he and Nora have moved on, though they still stay in touch!

No question the old guard has moved on, though it was great to see a number of them show up at the DC Mini-FesT back in October.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

It's good to know they are doing well.

I think we may start to see a lot more British members on the board, when EPVs become road-legal over here. New blood is great to keep a forum current and interesting, but it's good not to forget those who helped to shape the forum - and maybe we'll see a few people return?

There are also the old-timers who are still here and will hopefully be with us in times to come.

The buzz on here will never be the same as when Segways first launched, but hopefully there are a lot of exciting times ahead.

If you click on the members list on this site, then sort by posts, you can see a lot of the heavy posters (some still here) but some who haven't posted in a while. Their wisdom is in the past and is still available to read via the search and archive function.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Life exists as we create it in the continuous stream of the moments of "now." Wisdom is also newly created in these "now" moments and is augmented by whatever is still of any use from the past.

Let's see what we can do with it!

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I believe there are several factors at play, not the least of which is that the type of personality that embraced the segway before all others would need to be cut from a different cloth than the masses...

Couple that with a love for the adventure, the 'newness' and groundbreaking nature of the early adopters, it makes sense that now that segways are no longer freakishly odd, some will naturally move on...

Now, add the simple fact that breaking ground for more than 7 years will either require a very large deep hole, or a new location...

I am not saying that all the old timers have moved beyond segway... But by now, it may not be not so primary for them to talk it, live it, be out front of it.

I miss many of them as well... But sometime I wonder if there is not something wrong with those who do not move on after a time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Cube128
Cube128 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Oh hai!

I still lurk here on occasion to keep abreast of what's going on in the world of Segway, even though I sold my unit last May. Hopefully I'll still be able to buy a new one in a few years time!
Cube128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
But sometime I wonder if there is not something wrong with those who do not move on after a time...
No comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube128 View Post
I still lurk here on occasion to keep abreast of what's going on in the world of Segway, even though I sold my unit last May. Hopefully I'll still be able to buy a new one in a few years time!
This is definitely the best place to find out what's new in the world of Segway - and I too, hope you'll be able to buy a new one in a few years. It could be an i3 by then!

Remember Zoli Honig? Everytime I hear Black Eyed Peas (Pump It) on the radio or on my stereo I think of him tricking out on his i170. Happy days!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I, and I suspect many others who were here from day one, still are amazed and love the segway technology. I still have my segways and use them occasionally (nothing like the first year or two).

However, after 7+ years, there is not much new to write or talk about. If a new unit came out next week, I would line up to purchase.

Other technologies such as computers, digital cameras, etc. go through constant changes and perceived improvements.

Such has not been the case with Segway.

Hopefully Segway will continue to evolve and stay in business.

"If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you"
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Exclamation Mr_L

Hi there I am sitting here in Fallon NV.
goggle it as the kids say.
I have one i-167 and not a single good working battery to deal the cards.
That little wheel took me throughout hinges that take time, found more profound uses for the platform than was present. It is my boo boo serial-less if you do not have one, never seen one, held or participated in the glide, you don't know what you have been missing.
Have a nice day.
Crash.

Last edited by Mr_Laurenzano; 02-01-2010 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: ~any body got an I2 I want it for my archives. well used price is 2800 USD
Mr_Laurenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
teekay
teekay

5 yr Member
Default Alive and well

Still here in Newport Beach CA, the I170"s still rock, and glide over 8 miles with one bar left! I want to drain them and re charge but I never get a chance. We wear out before the machine does, these things are great !

If anyone remembers I have the custom wood grain fenders and wheels featured on en gaget thinking I was a bad guy LOL

The gen 1's still rock,

Smile
teekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
founding members