SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
jamsbondman
jamsbondman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 1st Gen Red Wrench reset

Does anyone know if by chance there is a way on the 1st get segway to reset a red wrench with a full circle? I have a segway I got as a second unit that had been used as a charge station. I wanted to get it working so I ordered a set of keys and swapped my good working handle bar and batteries onto it. I rode fine for about 30-40 seconds and then did a shut down after a few turns and now only flashes a red screen with the full circle and wrench during startup. Im not sure what caused it, but I'm thinking its a bad gyro unit or one of the CU boards.

I guess I would like to know if there is a way to clear the code. I know that you can ship the whole thing to Segway and they can fix it or you can take it to a dealer that has a laptop to plug in and read and clear some codes. I was just wondering if anyone might know of a way to clear the code like some laptops and computer boards I have worked with. Sometimes there are test pin and spots on the board where you can clear or reset things back to factory setting or clear the ram. If I can clear the code after installing a good working gyro and then see if the unit works then I could troubleshoot the issue.

Also I have read conflicting reports that the key fob is paired to the CU boards only and that you can use any gyro from the same generation. Then I have heard the opposite that the key fobs are paired to the gyro as well or just the gyro.

Anyone have any advice?
jamsbondman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Burke2
Burke2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Same thing with mine

Funny, I just ran into the same thing with my Gen 1 after not riding it for a very, very long time. Started off great and then did the safety shutdown in a couple minutes. Kept restarting it, and kept getting the shutdown, sometimes immediately, sometimes not.

The codes we have say it's a platform fault but that you can TRY to reset it by separating and reconnecting the cables in the shaft and/or by taking off the batteries and putting them back on. We're going to try that this weekend.

Janice
Burke2 is offline   Reply With Quote