SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #11
bodyelectric
bodyelectric is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default MAX powerchair update

Just to let you know we have released our updated MAX 400 model.
Many changes and improvements - details on our website www.bodyelectric.co.nz

We are also offering our alloy wheel and all-terrain tyre combo as an accessory for the i2/i2SE.

Cheers
Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.0 KB, 21 views)
bodyelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
bruneje
bruneje is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default getting on and off the Max

The Max is impressive, but is it a hardship to get on and off the unit. Could you post a video of a rider getting on and off, particularly interested in the modifications you made to the control shaft. I know originally you had no plans to offer it through a dealer in the US, has that changed?
What would be the process if I would want to purchase one? what is the shipping weight of only the Max?
bruneje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
bodyelectric
bodyelectric is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi

The ease of transferring on/off MAX depends on:

- the actual seat that is installed
- your actual physical condition
- modifications that may be made to the machine to suit your specific requirements.

Although we offer the seat shown on the pics on our website, you may fit any other seating option you & your health professional may think is best.
The actual MAX universal seating plate (onto which you fit your seating) is only 268mm off the base of the machine (484 off the ground).

The MAX 400 has a full cradle, with very strong side arms, which you may use to support your weight while transferring from either side, (as well as lifting the machine by crane, strapping down in a vehicle etc), and with its four double stabaliser feet deployed, the machine is very stable when powered off during transfer (see photo of a person standing on the footplate of the machine in this state on our website).

Although the MAX has an integrated full footplate, with sides to keep your feet in (and is the first thing to hit if you drive the machine into something), it is possible to remove this, leaving only a small half footrest, which is how most powerchairs and wheelchairs are configured.
In this case, you could then transfer from the front of the machine (since the MAX leansteer lifts completely away).

We have no immediate plans to offer it for sale in North America, although this could change if we had sufficient interest.
At present, you would need to import it privately.
It comes fully assembled, and really does simply drop onto either an i2 or i2SE platform.
Shipping Weight is ~60 kg (minus seat).

Cheers
Tony
www.bodyelectric.co.nz
bodyelectric is offline   Reply With Quote