SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Wondering where it will be built?
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
How can they call their service network 'world class' when there's only one service location in the US? I just had to send my power base in for repair (frequent aggressive E047 shutdowns). I couldn't find an appropriate cardboard box, so had to build one out of plywood. It cost $135 to ship it all the way across the country. My dealer estimated three weeks there, plus two weeks in transit. Imagine a police department having to send an SE3 that far and wait that long. (And why SE3? That's almost as bad as the Chinese Chegway. It screams knockoff.)
I saw how they mentioned the "World Class" service, but they did not mention it was good service.

It is better service than the 'robbin', so I guess that makes it world class.

I am lucky, I am in driving distance to the factory. (40 miles)
I am also lucky, in that what little service I have needed, was indeed very good. I have no complaint about the service I have gotten, but I know it is not the same for people living farther from the factory...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #13
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I saw how they mentioned the "World Class" service, but they did not mention it was good service.

It is better service than the 'robbin', so I guess that makes it world class.

I am lucky, I am in driving distance to the factory. (40 miles)
I am also lucky, in that what little service I have needed, was indeed very good. I have no complaint about the service I have gotten, but I know it is not the same for people living farther from the factory...
According to Murphy, the need for service will be proportional to distance to the repair facility.

Judging from the quality of our PTs, the SE3 will no doubt be rugged and reliable, and I hope it does well.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #14
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

SE3 should be very reliable as the only technology involve is rider detection, that is the only tech highlight of the presentation.

sent from my Sony Z2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
How can they call their service network 'world class' when there's only one service location in the US? I just had to send my power base in for repair (frequent aggressive E047 shutdowns). I couldn't find an appropriate cardboard box, so had to build one out of plywood. It cost $135 to ship it all the way across the country. My dealer estimated three weeks there, plus two weeks in transit. Imagine a police department having to send an SE3 that far and wait that long. (And why SE3? That's almost as bad as the Chinese Chegway. It screams knockoff.)
Sorry to say, if you get it done in three weeks, you are actually very lucky. My repairs have taken 2-3 months.

Yes, the service network could be improved.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #16
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

I wonder why they thought a tiny windshield at belt level was a good idea. A straight handlebar would look better IMO.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
I wonder why they thought a tiny windshield at belt level was a good idea. A straight handlebar would look better IMO.
Many Law Enforcement types have shiny belt buckles, and slow moving bugs can actually soil these belt buckles!

I believe that small windshield is protecting an under served and vulnerable accouterment.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #18
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

KSagal's reply crack me up laughing, that's very cute, well done.
I also believe the tiny windshield provides the protection for the precious high-intensity LED Headlight from incoming bugs during night patrol

BTW did you guys realize the beast weights 400 lbs dry weight, and it has hydraulic front and rear disk breaks, this thing pack some serious stopping power.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Old 05-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
KSagal's reply crack me up laughing, that's very cute, well done.
I also believe the tiny windshield provides the protection for the precious high-intensity LED Headlight from incoming bugs during night patrol

BTW did you guys realize the beast weights 400 lbs dry weight, and it has hydraulic front and rear disk breaks, this thing pack some serious stopping power.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
I did not know about the hydraulic brakes, but that does two things in my mind...

1. Introduces a number of mechanical components that may require service, like brake pads, cables, hydraulic cylinders, and other service items that are typical on a bike or scooter, but have been missing thus far on the segway.

2. Makes me wonder about regenerative braking. Segways capture a lot of energy on downhills and deceleration, but that would be negated with binder brakes.

On a different tack, the binding brakes would allow for coasting down hill at greater speeds than are currently the standard for segways... Most likely this system is more appropriate given the faster max speeds.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #20
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

2. Makes me wonder about regenerative braking. Segways capture a lot of energy on downhills and deceleration, but that would be negated with binder brakes.
All hybrid cars create reusable power while breaking, I see no difference in that it could do both coasting or breaking? Way to much assumption going on!