SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I'm trying to be sarcastic the more actuate wording is "range can be extended indefinitely" battery module can be swap with fully charged set in less than a minute.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #32
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Now it had been confirmed there's no regenerative braking and running the shocking 24V system (imaging the huge current needed to move the mass) .

The only technology highlight is the rider detection (weight sensor switch under foot)

I also smell the use of steel tubes on the chassis.

The only good thing is the advertised world class service and support, It is done by end user and dealers on the field..........

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
OK, that is just bizarre. It will be *really* easy to clone -- especially the world class service and support!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #33
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Repair turn-around time

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
How can they call their service network 'world class' when there's only one service location in the US? I just had to send my power base in for repair (frequent aggressive E047 shutdowns). I couldn't find an appropriate cardboard box, so had to build one out of plywood. It cost $135 to ship it all the way across the country. My dealer estimated three weeks there, plus two weeks in transit.
Just a quick update. My dealer's estimate of three weeks at the factory was right on. Not bad, IMO. Turns out there was a crack in the side of the metal console cover that allowed water to get into one motor. Both were replaced for $683, incl. tax and shipping. A note said my 1/2" plywood box, which was glued and screwed, was damaged and unusable. (Thanks UPS.)
Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

A bit more information is available in the official safety video:

Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #35
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I was surprised to learn it has virtually no "balance-y" safety features. Nothing to automatically limit the throttle to prevent roll-overs, and nothing to prevent the friction breaks from locking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man