SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile segsaddle new for sale

i couldnt see a post button in the forsale section i hope im not angering anyone here,by posting here i have a new segsaddle with the original box that i got itin from an oregon dealer in this is one i recently bought in oregon for too much moneyi feel but im to laid up to make myy own i wil let it go for what i actually paid tax free. i . i only set it onto my new x2 to estimate and be sureif it will really fit i never screwed it down. basically still new-clean and unused i did sit on it on the floor. i dont use paypal anymore so i will need a check in the mail if you want this, im certainly no expert on these- so do your own research but it took some research to even find one available,they have a weight rating for the seat spring support, im not sure what rating that this actually is you can still get new springs for different weights i believe from the original factory. though they quit producing these i hear.iam 160 pounds or lighter, i guess you might not want one to bottom out,ouch, i will send the regular'trimmed" mats that came with it,i cant ride with it because my leg tendons shrink up if i dont stand,i loved the idea of a seat with a shortened leansteer joystick.i just hope im not sorry i let it go.i dont know how it might do on any other model sorry im too new i just know the seat height is easily adjustable,2495.00 exactly what i had paid in january 2014

Last edited by rotorblades; 05-03-2014 at 10:42 PM..
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Rotorblades,

You may want to look into the tall lean seat. It is made by the same people who make the segvator.

The advantage of the lean seats, is that you can stand, and sit, or sort of 1/2 and 1/2 when you want to. This is a good option for many people who would rather stand, but want to also be able to take a break.

Good luck on your sale...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
rotorblades

Good luck on your sale...[/quote]thanks so much- i can stand or sit with this seat- im just too old and fussy i guess
Old 05-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
rotorblades

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
i couldnt see a post button in the forsale section i hope im not angering anyone here,by posting here i have a new segsaddle with the original box that i got itin from an oregon dealer in this is one i recently bought in oregon for too much moneyi feel but im to laid up to make myy own i wil let it go for what i actually paid tax free. i . i only set it onto my new x2 to estimate and be sureif it will really fit i never screwed it down. basically still new-clean and unused i did sit on it on the floor. i dont use paypal anymore so i will need a check in the mail if you want this, im certainly no expert on these- so do your own research but it took some research to even find one available,they have a weight rating for the seat spring support, im not sure what rating that this actually is you can still get new springs for different weights i believe from the original factory. though they quit producing these i hear.iam 160 pounds or lighter, i guess you might not want one to bottom out,ouch, i will send the regular'trimmed" mats that came with it,i cant ride with it because my leg tendons shrink up if i dont stand,i loved the idea of a seat with a shortened leansteer joystick.i just hope im not sorry i let it go.i dont know how it might do on any other model sorry im too new i just know the seat height is easily adjustable,2495.00 exactly what i had paid in january 2014
there is a segseat on here somewhere a lot more reasonable than mine.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Rotorblades,

You may want to look into the tall lean seat. It is made by the same people who make the segvator.

The advantage of the lean seats, is that you can stand, and sit, or sort of 1/2 and 1/2 when you want to. This is a good option for many people who would rather stand, but want to also be able to take a break.

Good luck on your sale...
Just for info... unfortuantely the SegSaddle has been discontinued from manufactor. I dont know if they still make the "lean seat," I would suspect not, but don't know that. If you go to the SegSaddle web page, you will get a link to 2 segway dealers that may support your segsaddle needs. One is in FL and the other in OR. I have 2 segSaddles and have contacted both dealers, FL has been very responsive.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #6
rwoynaro

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
Just for info... unfortuantely the SegSaddle has been discontinued from manufactor. I dont know if they still make the "lean seat," I would suspect not, but don't know that. If you go to the SegSaddle web page, you will get a link to 2 segway dealers that may support your segsaddle needs. One is in FL and the other in OR. I have 2 segSaddles and have contacted both dealers, FL has been very responsive.
Sorry, mis-read your post Karl, thought the lean seat was by SegSaddle, not SegVator. Thats good news that its made by the SegVator crew then. My info about the SegSaddle being discontinued is correct though.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default High Lean Seat is Available

I've been using the SegVator brand High Lean Seat with RoHo Cushions for several years with excellent results. It's available only through Segway dealers.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
rwoynaro

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadSquad View Post
I've been using the SegVator brand High Lean Seat with RoHo Cushions for several years with excellent results. It's available only through Segway dealers.
Great. Thanks very much for your help, there is no better info than from someone who has used it for years. Appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
Graham Bryce
Graham Bryce is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I am looking for a kickstand I can use with my 4Freedom GlidR seated X2 Segway which is fitted with a Right-sided 'side-steering adaptation. My problem is having the Segway remain stationary while I mount/dismount the seat while having a weight (pack) attached to the rear? I am considering a kickstand. But, the only ones I've seen available attach to the front and, would not preven backwards leaning/motion when I am not seated. Any ideas? Thanks,

Graham

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Graham Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seatsegsaddle