SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default DC Next Week!

Segs4Vets Christmas at the Army Navy Country Club

QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #22
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Sorry trying to understand... what does a metal press have to do with anything?( picture one)

Help me understand....?
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #23
rickb
rickb is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

It's the Army Navy Country Club.......perhaps it's metal press art used as a lawn ornament or it functionally screens an objectionable view from the country club's golf course. It could be that it's the on-site location of the new Ally Chair manufacturing facility and they just call it a country club........formerly a scrap metal recycling facility. I wondered the same thing. lol

Interesting background for the photo shoot of the shiny new restyled stainless steel Ally Chairs ready to be delivered to a deserving Vet.
rickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #24
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post
It's the Army Navy Country Club.......perhaps it's metal press art used as a lawn ornament or it functionally screens an objectionable view from the country club's golf course. It could be that it's the on-site location of the new Ally Chair manufacturing facility and they just call it a country club........formerly a scrap metal recycling facility. I wondered the same thing. lol

Interesting background for the photo shoot of the shiny new restyled stainless steel Ally Chairs ready to be delivered to a deserving Vet.
Thank you! LOL....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #25
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I love the Chip Foose wheels. Very nice. Perhaps Foose should make a new hub so they don't have to be drilled so funky, the 3 bolts on a 5 spoke wheel look odd.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #26
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy guy View Post
Hello,

I'm a lurker. As much as I would love to use a Segway I can't. We tried in PT but no luck. L4 para.

I have kept an eye on the Ally chair, that's the ticket for me.
Somebody is building that chair as I still see Segs-4-vets giving them to our returning heroes. It's out there but I haven't found the source yet. It appears the original guys not making them anymore but someone must be, I think. Lol

I've seen all these other conversions but none have hit the streets, except the ally.

I want one, now.
oh try one again they are so worth riding
please keep trying- maybe a better tour guy
the first time i tried the guy kept moving the lean steer- thus turning the machine i find if i show that i ride slow smoothly and polite most places welcome you in
lean it against a wall or corner the first times on and off.
if you can stand upright at all you should be good to go try the fat tires ones. easier on the back and hips
if you can step up one step then step back down you definitely can ride i couldnt stand at all then here i have almost 375 miles on mine.it has given me more than i can say i had a bad stroke
it has improved my stamina and balance.and core strength,- anyone please ask a question if you would like.my vision slowed me down at first but im thinking that has improved too.
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #27
Gimpy guy
Gimpy guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
oh try one again they are so worth riding
please keep trying- maybe a better tour guy
the first time i tried the guy kept moving the lean steer- thus turning the machine i find if i show that i ride slow smoothly and polite most places welcome you in
lean it against a wall or corner the first times on and off.
if you can stand upright at all you should be good to go try the fat tires ones. easier on the back and hips
if you can step up one step then step back down you definitely can ride i couldnt stand at all then here i have almost 375 miles on mine.it has given me more than i can say i had a bad stroke
it has improved my stamina and balance.and core strength,- anyone please ask a question if you would like.my vision slowed me down at first but im thinking that has improved too.
Ahh if only lol.
I'm l4 complete. As I said in a earlier post I see the ally as a everyday chair. Nothing moves below point of injury with a complete SCI.

That's why most of these conversions fail for true wheelchair users. The Ally is closet to the mark.
Gimpy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #28
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

Wink

the slly looked very good to me too. youtube has a lot of videosyour most difficult may be loading unloading into out of a vehicle.
sme segs might not power themselves like it looks up a rampsometimes the leansteer might be too tall. hook up with a goodcompassionate dealeri was totally limp both sides.im praying this machine can help you. you will be surprised at how smooth they are. big fat low pressure tires4 psi. help with the back painsi go off curbs and down minor stairs=good luck amigo
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #29
TiVoAussie
TiVoAussie

5 yr Member
Default Back after years away!

Hi Folks.

I could find out all this stuff eventually by googling, but this thread probably knows all the answers!

I have two original series 1 Segways, (i70?) grip steer, old technology batteries. I'd like to convert one for use by my wife and have one spare (wife is a current wheelchair user (polio), used to ride her own seg but had to stop).

What is the status of these Ally chairs?
Can they use my Segs?
Is there anything better, or anything else I should be looking at?

Cheers
Ron
TiVoAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #30
Tuna
Tuna is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have sent you a PM about this.
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote