SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Stuff to Buy and Sell

Notices

Stuff to Buy and Sell Classified ads for anything Segway-related accessories, products and sales.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
drsmr2
drsmr2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New to group- Looking for parts & assessories

Hi Fellow Segwayers!

I am new to the group. I have a Gen 1 i2. I am looking for a used charge port cover. I really don't need the entire console cover, just the small plastic cover that flips up and down. Where can I find just this part? I am also in the market for an economical parking stand that doesn't stick out too far in front of the Segway. I am also looking for a lower cargo frame. I only need one if the cargo frames.

If anyone knows were I can get some or all of the parts I am looking for, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks,

drs
drsmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmr2 View Post
Hi Fellow Segwayers!

I am new to the group. I have a Gen 1 i2. I am looking for a used charge port cover. I really don't need the entire console cover, just the small plastic cover that flips up and down. Where can I find just this part? I am also in the market for an economical parking stand that doesn't stick out too far in front of the Segway. I am also looking for a lower cargo frame. I only need one if the cargo frames.

If anyone knows were I can get some or all of the parts I am looking for, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks,

drs
Just to clarify what may be just a typo -- the i2 is a gen 2 machine.

Since you say "console" and your overall description seems to fit, I think you meant to say "gen 2 i2"?

The i2 has a raised section on the platform between your feet that has some plastic trim, and on the back of it is a hinged rectangular door with a spring-loaded hinge to give access to the charging port. It's this door that you're looking for, right?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Bob, drsmr2,

I seem to recall that the earlier i2 had a different console cover than the later ones. I agree, all i2 are gen 2. I am quite sure there are no gen 1 i2 machines.

However, I thought there was a change in the very port cover that is being discussed, in that the hard plastic cover over the rear of the center console did have a change in the hinge mechanism.

If anyone has more details to my recollection, I would appreciate it if they would chime in.

Also, what do we call an early i2 as opposed to a later one? I know mine has the original info keys that do not have several of the features (programmable speeds, etc.) that the later ones do. I suspect that there are minor but significant other differences in the machine itself as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote