SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Stuff to Buy and Sell

Notices

Stuff to Buy and Sell Classified ads for anything Segway-related accessories, products and sales.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #111
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Interesting selection of Segs just appeared on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGWAY-i2-NEWE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGWAY-i2-NEWE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Segway-I-180-H...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Segway-HT...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beautiful-used...QQcmdZViewItem

One day sales; All a US account but supposed to be in London; All requesting contact outside of the ebay system.

Mmmm, buy-it-nows of $1000 for an i2 ????

Reported them to eBay.

Update...all listings removed within 5 minutes of reporting them! Wow!

Last edited by CovRob; 07-28-2007 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: eBay information update
CovRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #112
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

The scammer must be running a script of some kind. another five were added, I reported those and now 8 minutes later there is another batch showing up. I will report them as well

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #113
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
One day sales; All a US account but supposed to be in London; All requesting contact outside of the ebay system.

Mmmm, buy-it-nows of $1000 for an i2 ????

Reported them to eBay.

Update...all listings removed within 5 minutes of reporting them! Wow!
No point in listing links or even auction numbers if they're being removed that quickly. You may want to coordinate with jgbackes so you don't both do double work (or better yet spread out the load by agreeing to take certain days of the week!). And of course, please claim credit since you're doing a GREAT service for our community...maybe a summary once a week saying how many scam auctions you've gotten taken down?

ps - I've seen stuff like this appearing on Craigslist too. But it doesn't seem to work as well given that it's a more local buy/sell forum.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:00 AM   #114
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

Default This weeks E-Bay SCAM Summary

First Weekly E-Bay Scam Summary

7/23 - 9
7/24 - 11
7/25 - 15
7/26 - 4
7/27 - 0
7/28 - 11
7/29 - 6

All of these were removed as quickly as possible.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #115
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Monthly summaries?

I know jgbackes has been busy removing fraudulent auctions, because I see dozens of them whenever I look at "completed" segway auctions. Obviously, these dozens of auctions are brought to an untimely close due to his fantastic efforts for this community!

I've been looking at segways on ebay for years and years. And for once in all that time, I finally feel like I can safely point someone to ebay where a dozen legitimate auctions are going on right now for segways all across the country. This is how it should be...thanks jgbackes!

ps - We haven't had a summary in a long time. I know I must seem like I'm giving mixed messages to jgbackes when I first praise him for his efforts and then slap him for giving daily summaries of removed fraudlent auctions back in July. But still, I thought we'd have weekly or monthly counts of how many auctions were removed...this helps our community understand that just how big the risks are ATM when buying a segway through ebay.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #116
jgbackes

My new script catches scammers very quickly. I hope that for the time being (until they come up with a new method) most of the Segway scams are gone.

Cross your fingers :-)

Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #117
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Scam or not?

This UK eBay sale doesn't seem to make a lot of sense...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGWAY-167i-HU...QQcmdZViewItem
UK price for a brand new i2: £4200
Winning bid on eBay for 167i: £5655

Mmm!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #118
jgbackes

Well it was fun while it lasted... It looks like the scammers have captured the account information of "Nothing But The Best" And posted about 10 units. I have alerted e-bay, but it's hard for them to figure out what is a scam and what is not at this point.

Stay tuned.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #119
Llarry
Llarry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default I saw those...

It's been a while since I've seen the pictures from the one I purchased being reused... That one's gone already, but I can see a couple that haven't gone away yet. Looks like the scam listings have been accumulating some scam bids...

"I don't know who decided that a good way to sell products and services would be to shove unwanted software onto people's computers surreptitiously, but on the off chance those people are reading this, hey, best of luck with that eternal damnation thing..." -- Joe Sheehan
Llarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #120
jgbackes

OK, looks like that wave has been removed... As always, I'll keep a lookout.