SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

View Poll Results: What 3 features would you want the most on the Segway?
Another design - It's still fugly 5 25.00%
Longer range 7 35.00%
Faster / unlimited speed 5 25.00%
Fast charging batteries 9 45.00%
Battery hot-swap 3 15.00%
Cheaper model 8 40.00%
More storage areas 3 15.00%
USB-charging - open battery design 7 35.00%
GPS / App-control 0 0%
OTHER - Write a comment 7 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryang View Post
KSagal - if u want a dick measuring contest you win. All your points is spot on. Yeah - I'm naive and have no engineering background. It is impossible to make a Segway go faster than 20. I'm just a deluded dreamer.

Cheers buddy.
I just asked for an example, but you do not have one.

You can go faster than 20kph on a segway, you said yourself that the patroller goes 26kph. I did not know that, but maybe.

If you take a regular i2, and take an x2 kit, because of the larger wheels, the segway will go faster than 20kph. It still will not go 40.

There was a man who put bicycle wheels on his segway at burning man more than 10 years ago. It took a long time to get to speed, and a long time to stop, but it did go fast. I do not know how fast.

I am just saying that if what you want to see was as easy as a few minutes change, as you said it was, then I believe it would have happened by now.

I think it is harder than you think. Look at the Ryno. They surely wanted it to go faster.

You want to get mad at me because I insert facts and personal knowledge of what you are talking about, that is fine.

I don't need any contest with you. I have submitted facts and knowledge of what you are asking for, and you have not offered anything other than your opinions.

Have fun. I hope you are right, and I am wrong. I would like to see this thing that you say is so easily possible.

Have a nice day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 PM   #22
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default next decennium

Other: Take it on a plane to travel.
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #23
mryang
mryang is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman1961 View Post
Other: Take it on a plane to travel.
Agree.

Side note: A friend of mine took his Segway on plane with Finnair from Munich to Bangkok on business ticket. He said the regulations of Segway allowance differs hugely between airlines, but this of course is nothing new. But he recommended Finnair
mryang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #24
mryang

5 yr Member

KSagal: If we put aside numbers;

1. Would you want your Segway to go faster?
2. do u agree that speed "should" be the choice of the driver (still following the law) rather than a restriction on the machine? So if I cruise on the street around my block and not on the sidewalk I just have to follow the speed limit for bicycles?

If yes, we are agreed. The technical issues we can investigate later.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #25
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
KSagal - if u want a dick measuring contest you win. All your points is spot on. Yeah - I'm naive and have no engineering background. It is impossible to make a Segway go faster than 20. I'm just a deluded dreamer.

Cheers buddy.
For some reason his responses are pretty much the same....Very intelligent with absolutely no human skills....I agree...

Just wait, he will just lay it on...straight answerer....No freaken way....He is a fan boy no matter what....Good luck...
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #26
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Facts are facts.

This is not one:
Quote:
There is no place in the United States other than on a closed track that anyone can drive a corvette or anything else at 300kph
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #27
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
1969 we landed 2 guys on the moon and you mean that there are physical limits to make a 2 wheel (parallel) device make 40 - If this was a world championship it would pass 200! The Segway patroller can do 26kph? The world record for a delta configuration (wide back, narrow front) is 1227kph - so clearly Segway Patroller speed limit is not governed by a physical / engineering limit - believing that is nonsense.

Your argument also relies on an earlier device as a proof it is not possible - this is not viable at all as this would prohibit all inventions to exist because they don't exist.

I understand your concern of safety but tell me, isn't speed up to the driver in the same way as not everyone can handle 300kph in a Corvette? I'm positive I can handle 30 with ease. I see most people trying my Segway hit the speed limit within 5 minutes.

2 x 900w can easily handle 40kph without any trouble.

The Segway is not a car. The Segway is a robot. It is a robot with one job to do: keep you upright. That's it. From the perspective of the Segway, it doesn't care that you need to move, it only cares about balance-- balancing many variables such as available power, angle, traction, torque, current-- so that it can safely continue doing the job it is assigned. If something within the Segway's control can make it fail at its job, it will take control. If that means it needs to limit your speed so it can keep doing its job, it will do so.

I will agree with you on one point, that Segway's technology is outdated. But I think you're asking for too much from a robot, or asking for a robot with a different job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #28
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
I'm curious. What do you intend to do with this information?
mryang, I can't seem to locate an answer to this question.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #29
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Mryang -

The fact that you're a newbie on SC make me think you might be a new owner, and likely one whom has yet to take a spill on a Segway. I hope you never do, but take it from someone who has. It's not pleasant at 12mph/20kph, or even half that. If the speed limit were doubled, it would be much easier to have an accident, and likely a much more serious one at that. Range would be considerably less as well according to what the engineers told me.

As for your other 'wants', I can understand why the company chose not to offer most of them. I'd rather add lights and storage options of my own choosing, a separate GPS if I think I'm likely to get lost, and I can paint it or have it painted any color I want.

My only complaint is that I have to go either up- or downhill to leave my house, and the Seg won't do either on a full charge. So I can't just jump on and go because I have to let it run against a wall for about 15 minutes first. That's often inconvenient and annoying.

I think it's worthwhile to compare your ideas with others, but I hope you'll come to enjoy what you have.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #30
mryang

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
mryang, I can't seem to locate an answer to this question.
1. Sum up our opinions - check the status quo of the forum members thinking and wills

2. Contact Segway and feedback our opinions

3. Meanwhile - try to develop intermediary solutions

4. Report back my findings and possibly - solutions

So far... it indicates a somewhat streamlined opinion for development and change but most users view it as hopeless and futile to do anything.

Ultimately, I want a complete redesign - from the ground up. The new "SE" model is/was a disappointment with big D but instead of just complaining about it, We better do something about it.