SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #51
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
Just a quick addition here relating to "I can tell you : piece of junk." I went to a Segway dealer two weeks ago, and we took apart my segway and at the same time, the tech was nice enough to show me basically all of the internals of the segway, I had never seen it before. Inside the gearboxes, inside the battery, etc, most things that could come apart he had on the workbenches and showed me them. We assembled my new SE right out of the box. I was very very impressed by the quality of the segway; I had expected far more plastic. I remarked to some of my co-workers that both my ATV and car have far more plastic and cheap manufacturing than the segway. I have a greater understanding of the cost of the segway consequently.
To be fair, I bet your car and ATV are more attractive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #52
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
To be fair, I bet your car and ATV are more attractive.
My car is a knock-off, off the shelf, nothing remarkable, you wouldn't even notice it. But my ATV, definately !
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #53
GregRice
GregRice will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

More on the Ninebot Segway merger. "If you can't beat em join em"!

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS02/150429403

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GregRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #54
SegNation
SegNation is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default ninebot vs Segway i2

Currently we are testing the ninebot Elite in Dallas. Range is shorter than a Segway i2, and the acceleration is slower. Turning isn't as smooth, but really close. The ninebot weighs only about 50 pounds, and has a smaller platform.

Contact me and I will send over some YouTube videos. The ninebot has some really cool features including much better lighting, blue-tooth, and a riderless control mode.

We've also been testing the One for a week and we are slowly getting the hang of it.

Christoper Clary
Chris@nationtours.com
www.NationTours.com
SegNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #55
SegNation

5 yr Member
Default Video of Segway v Ninebot

Ninebot Vs Segway

Riderless Mode

Pictures

Christopher Clary
Nation Tours
www.Nationtours.com

Last edited by SegNation; 04-28-2015 at 06:37 PM..
Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #56
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Great job and thanks for videos....!
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #57
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Wow! I thought it was i2 sized, but it actually looks closer to the p-133. The riderless control looks HOT. Probably not terribly useful, but it looks like you could at least use it to approximate an e-stand. Thanks A LOT for these videos.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:20 AM   #58
rwoynaro

5 yr Member

From the one video, I assume that was the charging cable. One thing I really like about the Segway is that it uses the standard 3 prong computer power cable. Its very handy not to have to have a different custom cord. Does the "Lean steer" on the ninebot remove easily ?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #59
SegNation

5 yr Member
Default Leansteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
From the one video, I assume that was the charging cable. One thing I really like about the Segway is that it uses the standard 3 prong computer power cable. Its very handy not to have to have a different custom cord. Does the "Lean steer" on the ninebot remove easily ?
The leansteer actually is easier to put on and take off. A single bolt. We have been running the ninebot on our tours in Dallas since the Friday after the buyout was announced. So far it gets only about 8 miles per charge. However, the demo unit is a pretty beat up unit. I have 2 brand new ones arriving on Monday and will put those to work next week. If we start selling via Segway, I want to be able to explain all the pros and cons to a customer... I've got a week and a half of testing data. We also have been testing the ninebot One.... Shoot me an e-mail at Chris@nationtours.com if you want more info...
Old 04-30-2015, 05:27 AM   #60
rwoynaro

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNation View Post
The leansteer actually is easier to put on and take off. A single bolt. We have been running the ninebot on our tours in Dallas since the Friday after the buyout was announced. So far it gets only about 8 miles per charge. However, the demo unit is a pretty beat up unit. I have 2 brand new ones arriving on Monday and will put those to work next week. If we start selling via Segway, I want to be able to explain all the pros and cons to a customer... I've got a week and a half of testing data. We also have been testing the ninebot One.... Shoot me an e-mail at Chris@nationtours.com if you want more info...
What's the price range of the ninbot ? Similar to the Segway ?