SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default poor service from segvator

i wouldnt recommend doing any kind of business with these segvator people- not even through a listed authorized dealer. they will not answer or return my dealers emails or phone calls. they sent my first segvator liftwithout any notice or tracking it is a huge box to not have someone home to receive it. now later i ordered and paid for the dual kit because i finally bought my second x2. it seems most people in the segway business are poor at communication etc. well ranting on well in my experiences.most dealers wont give you an actual price for something you need. only a link to something
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #2
rotorblades

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
i wouldnt recommend doing any kind of business with these segvator people- not even through a listed authorized dealer. they will not answer or return my dealers emails or phone calls. they sent my first segvator liftwithout any notice or tracking it is a huge box to not have someone home to receive it. now later i ordered and paid for the dual kit because i finally bought my second x2. it seems most people in the segway business are poor at communication etc. well ranting on well in my experiences.most dealers wont give you an actual price for something you need. only a link to something
while im ranting. i would love to blab about a dealer near sf. i had an appointment for a tour. stayed the night. showed the man that i could safely get on then off because i am fairly laid up.i tol him that i was in his book for having a tour and complete lesson prior. after staying over in a hotel then showing up on time the guy says sorry because you are disabled we cant do itbecause of liability. anyway i have bought two segways one new and my lift. but not from this dealer. and im planning to buy more for my family. guess who not from.who trains these dealers?small wonder they arent selling well. i should have sued this sf area dealer at least for my hotel expenses etc.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
My experience with SegVator has been great. I have 2 of them, they work fine and both purchase transactions went fine. I did go thru my Segway dealer to get them.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I cannot speak to the particulars of this individual problem with rotorblades, but I do know some of the principals at Segvator.

They are good people, owners of very successful unrelated businesses, with high moral and ethical standards, and big hearts. I am sure that they would take all reasonable effort to resolve business conflicts in a professional manner. (once they are aware of it). That is what successful business people do, and these are successful business people.

I am sure there is an unfortunate communication problem in this particular issue but we are only getting one side of it. While communication problems do exist, and are quite annoying, they are often the result of expectations on either side that do not work out.

As far as Segvator being responsible or representative of most segway business people and those people being poor communicators, or unwilling to give sales details as the OP opined, I must say that has not been my experience. I have had dealings with many fine and professional people within the segway community. To be honest, I have also had dealings with less stellar members of our community as well, and I agree they do exist. I just do not feel that they are in any way a majority or qualify as most. My experience has shown that MOST are great people, all with varying skill sets in communication and sales, and a small minority are weaker professionals.

I will not comment as to the tour issue, other than to say that if you had proven to his satisfaction that you could safely get on and off the segway, the results may have been different. You may have proven it to your satisfaction, but that is not the same.

Lastly, I agree with your premise that you will not give business to people whom you do not think are professional or up to your standards. I too will bypass a store or salesman whom does not satisfy my needs, and instead go to places that do. I choose to influence business with my dollars. Good, well run businesses get my dollars, poor, disorganized or disrespectful businesses do not get my dollars. My hope is that if enough people act as we do, then better businesses will thrive, and poorer businesses will wither and die...

Good luck with your issues expressed in your posts, and in general. Glide more, smile more, and glide right past events that annoy you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
therealzam
therealzam is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
while im ranting. i would love to blab about a dealer near sf. i had an appointment for a tour. stayed the night. showed the man that i could safely get on then off because i am fairly laid up.i tol him that i was in his book for having a tour and complete lesson prior. after staying over in a hotel then showing up on time the guy says sorry because you are disabled we cant do itbecause of liability. anyway i have bought two segways one new and my lift. but not from this dealer. and im planning to buy more for my family. guess who not from.who trains these dealers?small wonder they arent selling well. i should have sued this sf area dealer at least for my hotel expenses etc.
Such action is a violation of title 3 of the ADA, not to mention some state and likely local laws. You need to file a complaint to the state and the feds within 6mo of the incident. If you suffered any losses as a result, such as wasted travel costs, etc. You might want to sue for damages.
therealzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #6
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealzam View Post
Such action is a violation of title 3 of the ADA, not to mention some state and likely local laws. You need to file a complaint to the state and the feds within 6mo of the incident. If you suffered any losses as a result, such as wasted travel costs, etc. You might want to sue for damages.
I am not disagreeing, just ignorant of what is the violation. If the owner of the tour thought he would be exposed to greater liability because of a person whom they felt did not have the physical ability to go on the tour, is this a violation?

I agree that if rotorblades felt discriminated against unfairly, he should file a complaint. I just do not understand your statement that it is a violation. It may be, I don't know, but it seems more data would be needed to determine fairly if it was a violation or not. Perhaps the complaint is the way to determine that.

The OP categorized this as a Rant. In my understanding, that is a complaint that is needed to be expressed. I got that. I just don't know if that makes it actionable or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
rotorblades

Lightbulb the segvator folks finallyresponded to my dealers inquireysprobably because i said i

[ een my experience. I have had dealings with many fine and professional people within the segway community. To be honest, I have also had dealings with less stellar members of our community as well, and I agree they do exist. I just do not feel that they are in any way a majority or qualify as most. My experience has shown that MOST are great people, all with varying skill sets in communication and sales, and a small minority are weaker professionals.

I will not comment as to the tour issue, other than to say that if you had proven to his satisfaction that you could safely get on and off the segway, the results may have been different. You may have proven it to your satisfaction, but that is not the same.i have ridden 344 miles on my x2 and think i will make a thousand soon.some off road as well. i am very stable and polite.not scarey to anyone. ive ben told i am quite masterful in my gliding-he had no reason to jack us around.

Lastly, I agree with your premise that you will not give business to people whom you do not think are professional or up to your standards. I too will bypass a store or salesman whom does not satisfy my needs, and instead go to places that do. I choose to influence business with my dollars. Good, well run businesses get my dollars, poor, disorganized or disrespectful businesses do not get my dollars. My hope is that if enough people act as we do, then better businesses will thrive, and poorer businesses will wither and die...

Good luck with your issues expressed in your posts, and in general. Glide more, smile more, and glide right past events that annoy you...[/QUOTE]
Old 10-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

As I understand it, you can refuse to allow the use of a Segway or other OPDMD based on three reasons only : it would disrupt your program, for certain environmental issues, or actual safety risks. The safety risk must be actual, not based on stereotypes or speculation about how the device will be used.

I suspect that not allowing someone to take a tour based on their disability comes under a slightly different category of refusing service because of their disability. Since he demonstrated his ability to get on and off, I would guess it is a violation and should be reported. I agree however that we don't have quite enough information to make that judgement. That is the DOJs role anyway.

When reporting this, you will be asked if there were others who witnessed this. You should also expect the process to take a good bit more time than will seem reasonable...
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
KSagal

Lily,

Thanks for the explanation.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #10
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I am not disagreeing, just ignorant of what is the violation. If the owner of the tour thought he would be exposed to greater liability because of a person whom they felt did not have the physical ability to go on the tour, is this a violation?

I agree that if rotorblades felt discriminated against unfairly, he should file a complaint. I just do not understand your statement that it is a violation. It may be, I don't know, but it seems more data would be needed to determine fairly if it was a violation or not. Perhaps the complaint is the way to determine that.

The OP categorized this as a Rant. In my understanding, that is a complaint that is needed to be expressed. I got that. I just don't know if that makes it actionable or not.

I'm no expert, but I think it's a violation because it defines a class of people and then treats them differently from other classes.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote