SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #21
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Interesting, well it seemed to work that way!
You should try removing the battery completely from your infokey while the segway is running, and then see how fast it goes.
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Neelix
Neelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I always take my infokey's battery out when I ride; that extra 5 miles per hour it gives me really helps me stay on time!

Seriously though, the infokey's battery level does nothing for speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Neelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 AM   #23
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Before we all spend hours poking fun, is there a chance the infokey in question had enough battery to hold a speed limit command. I was under the impression that you could program the keys to limit the performance.

???

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 AM   #24
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Question Maybe not so crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
So, today I went to Radio Shack during my lunch break and picked up a battery. I have yet to test the time and date, but I am sure that will be fixed, but I must say, it makes a huge difference. Since replacing the infokey battery, the Segway is much more responsive (speeds up quicker, slows down quicker, turns better, etc.). On top of that, it does not speed above 12.5 anymore (it did that frequently before and very easily). Thank you all for the advice, it has made a huge difference!
Actually, I'd say that with the new battery, you have reliable communication between the Segway and the Infokey. If it was intermittant (due to a weak battery) you might very well have gotten random, scrambled speed displays as the Infokey tried to display what it thought it received. It's also possible that the information sent TO the Seg was somewhat random, which may have confused the controllers. The software likely will always take the most conservative action if it isn"t clear (judging by Inc's predeliction for safety).

In any event, you're where you want to be -- on a well-behaved Segway!
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #25
globalideas
globalideas is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I got my battery at duracell. com good prices
globalideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #26
JIMBO
JIMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Question Does anyone know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoupGarou View Post
The Torx screws on the back of the InfoKey have a drop of acrylic placed in the hole so that the user has trouble getting into the unit. If your InfoKey is out of warranty, you can take a q-tip and acetone (nail polish remover) and remove this by dabbing the acetone on the center of the Torx screw. As far as the bit to use, both Home Depot and RadioShack sell the matching Torx screwdriver to fit all of the screws inside the InfoKey.

...precisely what size Torx to buy?

(714) 630-7296 ext 101 Anaheim Corporate
(949) 723-1722 Newport Beach
(213) 507-1930 Cell

~ STEP UP ! ~
JIMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #27
okieguy
okieguy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoupGarou View Post
The Torx screws on the back of the InfoKey have a drop of acrylic placed in the hole so that the user has trouble getting into the unit. If your InfoKey is out of warranty, you can take a q-tip and acetone (nail polish remover) and remove this by dabbing the acetone on the center of the Torx screw. As far as the bit to use, both Home Depot and RadioShack sell the matching Torx screwdriver to fit all of the screws inside the InfoKey.

You can also pull the module (the guts of the InfoKey) out and get to the buttons. The button is held in with an "e-clip" on the inside, and if you are careful, you can pop that e-clip off and then pull the button through to the outside to remove it. This will allow you to get the dirt and grit out from the button's cylinder that it rides in, as well as trim off any bent edges of the cylinder that may be holding the button in or from working. This will cure most button related problems. I have fixed quite a few of them here in Richmond that have had "grit" block up the works or have taken a fall and had the edge of the cylinder keep the button held down.

The other problem that can happen is that when an InfoKey is pressed to hard (somebody lands on one when it is on it's side), and the little metal spring contact that makes up the switch mechanism (part of the module, not the case) gets smashed in. Once this happens the InfoKey thinks that the button is constantly (or randomly) being pushed. You can open the InfoKey, take a small jewelers screwdriver, and gently bend the metal spring back into the "open" position and fix it.

Loup
Hello, Thank you for this info. I have had this problem with my Infokey when my wife was holding too hard and the Power and Turtle kay was pressed to hard and they stated in and wont come out. Was size of Torx screw driver is the screws? The smallest I have is a 5 so the Torx i nedd must be a 4 or maybe 4.5 am I correct? Thank you......okieguy
okieguy is offline   Reply With Quote