SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Personally I think the infokey holder is a pain in the posterior. It snags your clothing and can graze your hands. It is also clearly not very secure and re-enforcing the clip with a ziptie is just a kludge. I wear my infokey on a lanyard, that way it can't be nicked (stolen) and I cannot leave it on the machine by mistake. I can also hold it up at an angle where I can read it without my reading glasses...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
coaster
coaster is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I must be one of the lucky ones.

I have had my Segway for 14 months, I have just clocked up a 1000 miles and not had one bit of trouble from the info key holder.

I just slide it in and there's a click and that's it, it doesn't move.

If I try to pull or twist the info key, the holder moves on the frame.

The back of the key is on that tight I have to put it in the holder to twist it off.

Cheers
Phil
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
team222badbrad
team222badbrad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Perhaps you never inserted the key all the way into the holder?
team222badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I must be one of the lucky ones.

I have had my Segway for 14 months, I have just clocked up a 1000 miles and not had one bit of trouble from the info key holder.

I just slide it in and there's a click and that's it, it doesn't move.

If I try to pull or twist the info key, the holder moves on the frame.

The back of the key is on that tight I have to put it in the holder to twist it off.

Cheers
Phil

I am glad you posted this. I do not recall having had a problem with mine either. (I do have a subjective memory, and unless it raises to a certain level, I am not too likely to remember trivial annoyances...)

Lately I use a wrist strap more because it is easier for me to read from my wrist...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I too use a wrist-strap, but i'm wondering if i'm the only one not able to get it to "click in" properly?.. I'm using funky-move's fancy strap, but it seems that it's with is causing problems, even when sliding it into the dock to click it in place...

And tricks?

Reality has been scientifically proven impossible.
Joushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Maybe I was unclear in my post... I have had that wrist strap on my info key for some time (Thanks Benny) and it works great when I have it on my wrist.

When I put the info key on the dock at the top of the leansteer, I just slide it on as usual, and let the strap drape around the metal frame and attach the velcro. This way, if it undocks, it cannot go far.

Perhaps my dock works differently than others, because in the first couple weeks, I removed it, and placed a small power port (for a 3.5 mm post) under the release lever. Because of this, my release tab has never had much play.

I had forgotten this, when I posted that I have had very few problems.

So, It seems that my experience is that if you modify the dock, and rarely use it to hold the info key, you should have very few problems with it not working...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #17
Joushou

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I was a bit unclear as well... I meant the backing wouldn't click onto the InfoKey properly with the wriststrap, meaning it never locks, and i've dropped it off the strap twice...

I simply can't get it to turn all the way into place...

Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
I was a bit unclear as well... I meant the backing wouldn't click onto the InfoKey properly with the wriststrap, meaning it never locks, and i've dropped it off the strap twice...

I simply can't get it to turn all the way into place...

The solution to your problem is pretty easy. Keep the strap on the info key, but put the key into the port at the top of the leansteer. (Reinstall it if you need to.)

You can twist the back on till it clicks, or off, when you need to, by having the dock secure the back, and your fingers move the infokey as needed...

Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
Joushou

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

That's what i tried, but it just won't click all the way into place
Seems as if the strap is keeping the back too far away to lock all the way in... I've tried getting violent, but didn't help either! It's very easy without the strap...

It just won't click in!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
That's what i tried, but it just won't click all the way into place
Seems as if the strap is keeping the back too far away to lock all the way in... I've tried getting violent, but didn't help either! It's very easy without the strap...

It just won't click in!

I have a different strap, and perhaps that is where the difference is. Mine works fine in all ways that I have seen in my dock...

Tags
damage, holder, infokey, warranty