SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
SegueChico
SegueChico is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default iPhone Segway App

So I just did the poll about the iPhone 3G - Just bought one this morning (I didn't own a v1 model) so am of course enchanted. But what does this have to do with my Segway?

Apple App Store! If I'm not mistaken, the Gen2 Segways use the "wireless infokey". Now, I was wondering, what or how they transmitted? Bluetooth? Some wireless band? (A,B,G?) Doubt it's radio or IR. I've heard it's encrypted to 64 bit though. If it's wireless or bluetooth, then maybe the iPhone can tap that.

What about an iPhone app that if you loaded your info, or somehow linked it to one of your infokeys and you could do everything the info key could (but in color and have easy to upgrade functionality) via your iPhone!

Maybe? Interesting? Ideas? Comments?

-SegueChico
SegueChico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

If I'm not mistaken, the wireless protocol between the info key and the segway is based upon Zigbee, for more info check out wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZigBee

So not really much chance yet to get that hooked up with your iPhone.

You could use your iPhone as some kind of Segway trip logger, get your trips directly plotted on google maps, or better into the map on Segway's social websites map.

When you see something nice, you could directly add a point of interrest to the map.

Of course you can also make an application to see (on the build-in google map) where other segway gliders are, so you can easily meet them.

Just a few ideas.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

To second Florin, the Segway uses an 802.15.4-based ("Zigbee") wireless connection. It's 2.4GHz just like WiFi or Bluetooth--but a different protocol.
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

SegwayUtah, I have to ask, if your name is segway utah, why is your location ny?
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
SegwayUtah, I have to ask, if your name is segway utah, why is your location ny?
-segsurfer
I was one the very first (if not the first) Segway owners in Utah, way back in the day. Then I moved to NYC--but could never figure out how to change my username...

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

One of the mods can do it... just let them know what you want.
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayUtah View Post
I was one the very first (if not the first) Segway owners in Utah, way back in the day. Then I moved to NYC--but could never figure out how to change my username...

Chris
Oh okay, for some reason I thought you were the utah dealer.
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, apple, gen2, infokey, iphone