SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Stolen Segway Reporting

Hi all, this thread is a place for the reporting of Stolen Segways and any other pertinent information. Information such as time, location, model, serial number, and any other pertinent information regarding a stolen segway.

If posters want to respond to or discuss matters regarding any posted stolen segways, please start a 2nd thread quoting the initial stolen segway post from this thread. The reason for this is to not allow this Sticky Thread to get excessively lengthy with ancillary posts.

This thread is intended to be a repository / log of information on missing units. Thank you for your understanding and participation.

I have added two recent postings on stolen Segways below.

Please add your own.

-Sal

Last edited by Sal; 10-01-2006 at 11:44 AM..
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
Sal
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Default From FATHERTIME: Stolen Segway HTs in Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathertime
Just a reminder that we are still looking for our two stolen i167's with the serial numbers 02239100066 and 022391000680. We have reported them to Segway, Inc. and listed them here several weeks ago. It might be a good idea to have a thread for stolen machines that we can all refer to just incase the rats try to part out the machines or try to get keys made.
This community has lots of eyes and since it is one of our strengths we should play on it. Thieves are not good for anyone and I have a reward for any information that will lead to the recovery of our machines and the prosecution of the perpetrators.
Let's keep our eyes open...and, oh yes,...lets be careful out there!

Jim Reynolds
Segway of Chicago
515 S. LaGrange Rd.
LaGrange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685
If every value is negotiable upon circumstance, we have no true values. (Anon?)
Old 10-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Sal

Default From Slide4less: Stolen Segway Oakland area

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide4less
Stolen Segway Oakland area
Gorge Wolf bought a yellow I80 2 weeks ago it was Stolen on the 12th of nov 2005 the Ser#052401016962 at 14th and broadway in oakland call segway of oakland if you have any info thanks steve steinberg 510 832-2429 cell# 510 414-8429

slide4less
(copied from another thread)

Last edited by Sal; 10-01-2006 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default 2 I-180s taken in Washington DC in early July

From The DCSEG chat site

Hi everyone,

Our red and yellow i180s were stolen from our garage Thursday night. We still
have all the keys, and have notified Segway LLC so no new ones can be made, but if anyone has any info about them we'd really appreciate it. We live near 16th and Military Road in DC. Bob and Laura Wolverton

To date these machines have not been found.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Exclamation A 2004 I-170

We just had a local DCSEG Member whose warehouse in Gaithersburg Maryland was brooken into. And one of the items taken was his I-170. He used the Segway to get around the warehouse. I have not gotten the Serial Number of it yet. This happened over the Feb 10 2007 Weekend.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
wwhopper
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default The Serial Number for this unit is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
We just had a local DCSEG Member whose warehouse in Gaithersburg Maryland was brooken into. And one of the items taken was his I-170. He used the Segway to get around the warehouse. I have not gotten the Serial Number of it yet. This happened over the Feb 10 2007 Weekend.
An I-170 S/N 0424-6101-2278 - It has been reported to Inc.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Talking Contact

Remember when you sell a segway no matter what model you must report it to seg INC. Mod/SER If you cant get support, ask why?
CRASH
Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 PM   #8
slide4less
slide4less is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default stolen i180

any info call segway of oakland 510 832-2429

Here is the info about my stolen i180:

stolen from Dublin Safeway (7499 Dublin Blvd., Dublin) between midnight and 2 am May 23 (early Wednesday morning)
red i180 with front bag and side bag mounted on the left side
purchased 5/11/2005
serial no. 052181013698

Thanks,

Fran Moon
Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #9
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Wink Central Coast

On the look out, did they get the keys?
...Iv'e been waiting to do the 12.5mph take down.
CRASH
Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
JIMBO
JIMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default "lost Keys"

I had a call for replacement keys this morning that i feel is suspicious. The caller said he bought an i-167 from a friend who bought it at a swapmeet or something. He has no keys, no key code and does not know who the original owner is. I told him to call me with the registered owner's name and then I can help him.

The serial number is 042171008890.

May be straight OK, but be aware!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(714) 630-7296 ext 101 Anaheim Corporate
(949) 723-1722 Newport Beach
(213) 507-1930 Cell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ STEP UP ! ~
JIMBO is offline   Reply With Quote