SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
DennisF
DennisF is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New to me XT with red wrench and tone questions

I am a new owner of an old XT. I have never seen this machine run.

The batteries seems to be good (NIMH) and are charging properly, since I'm getting all the proper green light sequences.

But I have two questions at this point.

When I uninstall and then re-install the front battery, I hear a two-tone sequence, but when I do the same with the rear battery, I hear nothing. Should I be hearing tones with each installation, front and rear?

When I insert my key, I get a red screen with a wrench displayed, then the machine shuts down. Does this mean take it to SEGWAY, or is there other troubleshooting I can do in an attempt to resolve the problem.

I tried to download a REFERENCE MANUAL from the SEGWAY website, but the manual they have is for the X2, not the XT. Anyone have a link to the XT.s complete manual? I have the 36 page manual, but it makes no mention of the tones or the red screen with the wrench displayed.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
DennisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The tone with the front battery is normal and it is also normal not to hear it on the rear battery.

When you get the red screen with the wrench please note where the bars are on the outside circle around the outside. For instance if it wrenches and only shows bars at 12 o'clock then you have a front battery fault. If it is only showing at 6 o'clock you have a rear battery fault. If the bars are elsewhere it can mean various other things.

You might also consider checking your charger to make sure it is actually charging. Green lights are good but do not necessarily mean they are charging. I have a brief video you can view here to assist you with that. http://www.mtobattery.com/segway-charger-testing/

If the errors end up just being because the batteries are old and need replaced please consider my company for the repair of those batteries. http://www.mtobattery.com/shop/segwa...build-service/
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote