SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default New segwayminipro.com site, manuals and product info

I just found this site in a google search. It's a marketing and sales site for the new Segway Mini Pro.

http://www.segwayminipro.com

There are Segway Mini Pro manuals, photo galleries, and all sorts of good stuff to read.

The site says that pre-orders start in three weeks, with first deliveries in July.

At first I thought it was a Segway-corporate website. The site creators certainly made it look and feel way. After a whois search and reading through the disclaimer linked at the very bottom of the site, it appears that the site belongs to a distributor/dealer named E&S International Enterprises, Inc. (“ESI”).

Who is ESI? Are they Segway's exclusive North American dealer for the Segway Mini Pro? An existing dealer who can create a slick Segway-Inc-looking website? An existing dealer who is getting serious about selling this new Segway?

According to the disclaimer, as I understand it:
* ESI is the owner of segwayminipro.com
* Segway Inc. is...well, the Segway we know and love
* Ninebot (Tianjin) Technology Co., Inc. is the owner of Segway Inc.

Anyway...it's pretty cool to see the galleries, read the manuals, etc. The new manuals are certainly a lot simpler than traditional I2-style reference guides--but that could be a good thing. They do continue the "avoid trips, tips and slicks" legacy of Segway Inc., so this product is looking more and more like a Segway-Tianjin (Ninebot) hybrid.

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
Lutch
Lutch is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi Chris. I've contacted these guys several times. They are Segway personnel directly handling the MiniPro only.
Lutch is offline   Reply With Quote