SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
miniprocommuter
miniprocommuter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Commuting with the miniPRO

Hey ya'll,

I just got my miniPRO earlier this week. I clocked in almost 10 miles of varied travel in my office building, in the parking lot, and the streets around my apartment in the first 2 days before I braved the commute to work. I travel from Koreatown to Hollywood (8 miles roundtrip) and I have to say, I'm pretty amazed with the capabilities of this little guy. Everyone knows that CA and LA are broke and smooth sidewalks are a luxury we don't see often, but the miniPRO has no problem blasting over cracked and uneven sidewalks. The biggest obstacle has honestly been other people. I consider myself to be a vigilant person, but it seems that others are completely unaware of their surroundings. I can't tell you how many times I've hollered ahead "coming up on your left" only to have the person gasp and jump when I go past them (at a mindful speed of course, I will always slow down to a brisk walking pace when passing pedestrians on the sidewalk. And give them as much space as possible). Did you seriously not hear me shouting from 20 feet back? Also, watch out for sidewalk cafes. You'll look up to dodge the umbrella top, but don't forget about those legs that stick out from the base. D'oh! Anyway, the thing is a blast and it beats sitting in LA traffic. My company gives us bonuses to take alternative forms of transit which is a big reason why I got the miniPRO. They also reimburse us for Metro travel so I'm considering mixing my travel with Segway and the red line to help shave a few minutes off the commute. Maximize my profit :P Intrigued to see if I'll face any opposition taking the miniPRO on and off the train. Has anyone taken their miniPROs onto the LA Metro yet? There was some law passed banning hoverboards, but the basis of that was for fire safety concerns (obviously not an issue with the Segway). Also wondering if anyone else is using their miniPROs (or classic Segways for that matter) as a legitimate commuter device? Would love to hear stories.

Glad to join the Segway family. Always thought these things were cool
miniprocommuter is offline   Reply With Quote