SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
curious1
curious1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default disassembly i180 power supply

Hi,
Does any one knows how to disassembly the power supply part in order to get and be able to replace connector Torren wires?
I have opened few screws below PS but this is not opening yet.
I see there is a big nut on the wires I guess that I have to open it somehow, is this what catching the board?
Thanks,
Roee
curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

TO the best of my knowledge, you must unscrew the big nut around the wires that is in the top of the power supply, to remove the casing.

Many of us experimented with this data and these parts many years ago. You may wish to search the older threads on this forum, as many of the people who used to work on their own gen 1 segways are no longer posting here, or not as active as they used to be.

There are also some active and very helpful posters here, who are true experts on what is going on technically with segways, but when it is part of their business, it makes no sense on at least two levels to share their hard won knowledge...

1. There is lots of power in the batteries. There is still plenty of power and the capacity to hurt oneself in old or malfunctioning batteries.

There is also plenty of power in power supplies, and the capacity to hurt oneself, or create a fire or other unsafe environment is a real possibility whenever anyone modifies or tries to fix what they do not know or understand.

We live in a litigious society these days. If a business owner who works with batteries, power supplies, or segway repairs says do this thing or that on the internet, and someone without the appropriate skills attempts it, and hurts themselves or others or causes property damage, the business owner may be held with some potential liability.

2. No one I know wants to give people the opportunity to hurt themselves, especially unknown persons whom may or may not know exactly what they do not know. Lots of people think they know more about a topic than they do.

3. If a person makes a living by providing a service, and charges appropriately for the expertise they themselves developed over time to be an expert worthy of respect in a field, why should they give away those same expert skills?

If I know there is a car mechanic down the road, and they make a living repairing cars, is it reasonable to expect them to take time away from their day to explain to me exactly what to do to fix my own car? Consider that the more people who they tell this data to, the less exclusive the data becomes. If that car mechanic tells me how to fix my car, he looses a customer. IF he posts it on the internet, he takes a chance to loose many more customers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
curious1

5 yr Member
Default You are right

I agree with every word.
However I am an electronic engineer, with some knowledge.
Can you guess what I have built at home ......
Here is the answer:

However any answer at my private is thankful
to
roeebloch@walla.co.il

Thanks,
R
Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Roee,

I saw a couple of your segway clones. Quite an accomplishment.

Remember, this is a public forum, and information shared here is public. Not everyone who reads here is an electronic engineer.

It has been my experience in life that one thing many people have the hardest thing learning, is to understand what they know and what they do not know.

So, regardless of what one individual or another knows here or there, public discourse is a different game...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
curious1

5 yr Member
Default segway

Thanks,
All what you saw is all self made.
except wheels and motor with gears
all electronic and SW and boards was designed by me....
My wife almost left me twice during this project ....

and I had many white nights

All thinks I am crazy -> so may be I am
crazy with happy
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
Hi,

I see there is a big nut on the wires I guess that I have to open it somehow,
Roee
Please let us know what sort of tool that you use to remove that nut.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
Please let us know what sort of tool that you use to remove that nut.
I know i am not the subject of the above inquiry, but I have used a long nosed locking pliers in the past. Kind of a cross between a vice grip and a needle nose pliers.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
curious1

5 yr Member
Default long nose

Thank you!
The long noise plier opened the nut easily
R